Korg enter the Host market

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/011202/
Gadget is moving up to Mac !!!!
Duh

that could be pretty cool! :D

Good move.Interesting how pricey it will be.

I'd like a windows version,it would probably be good knowing their Vst instruments

If you haven't ever used Gadget on IOS, this is really going to shake things up, it is a very very serious bit of kit, and their gadgets are amazing.
The only worry is that they don't support 3rd party plugins via VST/AU to keep full compatibility with IOS, then it is sort of a limbo product, not really a HOST, not really a DAW, more of just a groove box.
Duh

The individual gadgets are AU VST !!
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Doesn't appear to actually be a host, except for maybe audio input. Also, looks like the gadgets will function as plug-ins for other DAWs.

Are all the gadgets included in the allround package, or need to be bought separatly ?

This implies that they're porting their soft ARP Odyssey, and the snazzy new Wavestation app. Nice.

dumbledog wrote:This implies that they're porting their soft ARP Odyssey, and the snazzy new Wavestation app. Nice.
No it doesn't, wavestation isn't in gadget, milpitas or whatever it is called is, and that is a wavestation player
Duh

Atza wrote:I'd like a windows version,it would probably be good knowing their Vst instruments
That would be great and, at the same time, a final sign that it will abandoned like the Legacy. :tu:

Interesting. When Korg originally released Gadget, I half expected them to release the gadgets for Reason.

bungle wrote:
dumbledog wrote:This implies that they're porting their soft ARP Odyssey, and the snazzy new Wavestation app. Nice.
No it doesn't, wavestation isn't in gadget, milpitas or whatever it is called is, and that is a wavestation player
Er, yeah... so they'll have to port the sound engine, that part of the gui, and if they want interoperability between the Mac and iOS versions they can't resort to just samples of the presets. All they have to do from there is move the GUI over -- they'd be daft not to. They might sell it separately (probably too much to ask for them to update Legacy with this) but it's not too far a leap.

Same with Odyssey and Module really.

erm the ios version is a port of the desktop version, which already uses the same sound engine, they do not need to update the gui on the desktop version to get the gadget haha
Duh

I thought the iOS version threw in a couple things like the resonant filter.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”