Reaper Updates

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Yet, i have yet to see or read of the big amount of professionals using Reaper, for whatever that is worth.
http://reaperblog.net/2015/02/reaper-in ... far-cry-4/
http://reaperblog.net/2015/05/heres-how ... in-reaper/
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

memyselfandus wrote:
Wait till you guys see what's cooking for Reaper right now!!
I've seen this alluded to in a couple posts now and while I've had a look at the latest pre-release notes, I'm at a loss as to what is significant about any of it. I seek enlightenment! :pray:

elxsound wrote:
MarlaPodolski wrote:Yeah, yeah ... The proof of the pudding is in the tasting, SO:

We can all name top-rated musicians and bands who use DAW X or DAW Y - the same DAW brands come up over and over again. And we can also track down and name the DAWs used on many many of the top songs and albums.

Now, NAME all the very top talents who use REAPER.

Better still, NAME the super top songs and albums that were done exclusively on REAPER.

Well?

Certain times of year I catch up and read the forums, the trade mags ... I never see anybody worth talking about tell about how REAPER was used on their uber-successful songs or album. So, someone list all of them for us and lets end this. If you like a certain software, there is nothing at all wrong with sticking with it. But why no top pros using it ... ever?

Troll much?
I'm not trolling at all. I asked a serious question: if REAPER is so hot, then why so very few using it? Your reply was not an answer. BYE!

Ok, just scrolled through all the other posts. The results? We have one possible song that was supposedly Garmmy-nominated, one use for some gaming sounds I think, and someone did something with it for that Rock Band toy.

I'm not checking sources, but I'm willing to believe these replies. I expected it, like any DAW, to turn up somewhere in professional use. I suggest that's still pretty slim pickings after all this time on the market. Even discounting the trendy use of such as Pro Tools - that is, used because its the 'standard' or by word of mouth, you'd expect any software raved about so much, such as this REAPER, would be much more evident in today's music.

But it's not.

Gee, guys, an awful lot of snide remarks and rudeness, and frankly bizarre replies. All because I ask a simple question: Give names of top songs and pros.

Puts it all into context, too, yes. I rest my case.

@Kenny Gioia - Multi-platinum producer, engineer, etc, etc.

Not that it matters.

MarlaPodolski wrote:I'm not trolling at all. I asked a serious question: if REAPER is so hot, then why so very few using it? Your reply was not an answer. BYE!
Not trolling?

The thread was about updates.

The conversation within the thread was about those updates and at times compared other hosts to update cycles.

And then there was your post.

asnor wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
I've seen this alluded to in a couple posts now and while I've had a look at the latest pre-release notes, I'm at a loss as to what is significant about any of it. I seek enlightenment! :pray:
Sorry. I probably articulated that wrong. Wait and see? :)

asnor wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
automation items probably

One of the smart things about Reaper marketing (maybe intentional maybe accidental) is the way that a core group of insiders is built up who then go out and "spread the word" based on their special knowledge and relationship with the devs. I don't think any other DAW has done this to the same extent but I see it as starting with the beginnings of the IRC channel way way back.

memyselfandus wrote:
asnor wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
We can all read the pre-release notes, why don't you just say what on there that you think is exciting?

ghettosynth wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
asnor wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:
We can all read the pre-release notes, why don't you just say what on there that you think is exciting?
See my previous post- "special" knowledge.

MarlaPodolski wrote:Give names of top songs and pros.
Most people who buy music to listen to, don't care about what was used
to create it. The number of people who create music for their
own enjoyment, far outweighs the number of 'hit' songs worth hearing twice, and home studios vastly outnumber the ranks of professional studios (of which 'the man on the street', might be able to name one or two, if hard pressed, and probably just mumble something about
Abbey Road, Sun, or Muscle Shoals, while moving on from the
irrelevant question)

And like any other hobby, be it golf, fishing, photography, carpentry, cars, boats, yada yada yada, people will spend a $1000 a year and up,
and far, farrr, farrrrrr up in many cases,
to...

wait for it....

:party: :hyper: ENJOY LIFE! :hyper: :party:

woggle wrote:See my previous post- "special" knowledge.
I saw your post. People were talking about the pre-release notes. I'm not into stupid games like this. If people want to talk about it, talk about it. I see some spectral view and another bunch of minor updates.

I've had Reaper since 3.x, I like it, I use it every day, but it's definitely a slowly evolving system. I only upgraded to 5.x because I thought that I needed the latest SWS but the reason for that has been mitigated by PXT-Gen which solves my Push issue much more generally and in a way that I find more useful.

I can't remember an update, even a major one, that I could "hardly wait" to see.

ghettosynth wrote:
I saw your post. People were talking about the pre-release notes. I'm not into stupid games like this. If people want to talk about it, talk about it. I see some spectral view and another bunch of minor updates.

I've had Reaper since 3.x, I like it, I use it every day, but it's definitely a slowly evolving system. I only upgraded to 5.x because I thought that I needed the latest SWS but the reason for that has been mitigated by PXT-Gen which solves my Push issue much more generally and in a way that I find more useful.

I can't remember an update, even a major one, that I could "hardly wait" to see.
Automation items

woggle wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Automation items
I didn't see bezier curves in there? What am I missing?

there have been beziers forever in Reaper - their system is pretty good. But discrete automation items have been requested since probably v1 so that is a big change that many will love.

Personally I am not that interested in any updates until they get in an experienced quality designer and redesign the user experience. Which will never happen.
Last edited by woggle on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”