Tracktion new DAW - Waveform

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaJiFrL ... e=youtu.be

Supposed to replace the T-Series line of DAW. Look pretty nice.

Yep sure does .

Great, but will it not crash when I'm in the middle of something frequently?

Top tip to all developers! Don't skimp on your promo videos, let professionals make them for you!

Anybody use both Bitwig and Tracktion? Any comparisons... Looks interesting.

Doesn't look bad, but, the way it is presented, it rather looks like something you'd run on a mobile device. Not much going on on the screen, lot of space for big displays. And that Waverazor thing still looks horrible. :P Anyway, i think it's a good decision to "start new", with a new DAW. Hopefully they'll nail out the things people weren't happy with, with Tracktion, like, stability, plugin compatibility, and user interface. So far, looks pretty simple though, so, i'm having doubts about the amount of features.

Plugin compatibility with Tracktion has been great for me from T4 to T7 - I use Soundtoys, Acon, Acqua, iZotope, Plugin Alliance, Celemony, Camel, Klanghelm, u-he, Valhalla, TDR etc.

I don't doubt that *some* plugins might have issues (although I haven't personally encountered any) but that's the same of all DAWs - not an inherent issue with Tracktion as you've suggested.

The UI in T7 is excellent if you like the Tracktion way of working (which admittedly, is an acquired taste but it's great nonetheless).

I do agree on stability though - Tracktion's not a crash-fest but neither is it as robust as I'd like - save early, save often :)

That`s what I urgently need - a DAW for my Raspberry Pi with a Cirrus Logic Audio Card(Run very well with Jack).

Also the Reaper raspi build is in my evaluation, it works basically, but it does not perform so well as the in the preview Waveform do.

Let the show begin - the Reaper vs Waveform for Raspberry Pi battle!

;)
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

.jon wrote:Top tip to all developers! Don't skimp on your promo videos, let professionals make them for you!
I recognize all the FCPX stock presets, but it could be worse. Look what Izotope does with their videos... they seem to use a vendor, but the sound is always terrible. At least the track was mixed/mastered well.

For DAW promo videos, I only like Ableton and Bitwig. For plugins I only like Sugarbytes and FXpansion.

:shrug: Effective video.

Let Dan Worrall made all your promo videos and tutorials :D

Its NOT a NEW DAW,Its Just Tracktion with Another Name,As Woody said in the video

This looks great!!

Looks pretty good to me. The horizontal mixer was one thing I never liked about it.

Cool.

LawrenceF wrote:The horizontal mixer was one thing I never liked about it.
I never cared for how everything got all out of alignment when you had different amounts of filters on tracks. This looks good. I upgrade my license either way, though. Developer support, etc. :tu:

the idea behind tracktion, having all your info in one screen-space is a noble one.
personally i find it hard to get used to.
at least you have some options to beautify it now. but like some others it is not reliable enough to through all my eggs into that one basket even though the temptation to do so is great.
on the plus side, product management is really good ( if you need that)and it is well-fitted for use on a laptop when screen space is gold...
this new version does look really interesting though.
we shall have to wait and see : )

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”