Cubase 9...oh god please no not daylight savings time

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: I just tested it, scanning on logic's boot-up (Trashed preferences to force it)

It scanned 94 plugins in 39 seconds, so maybe we are talking about something else :shrug:
Logic scans much faster, because the routine is able to scan several plug-ins at the same time.

Even so, the main question remains: What is it good for?
Last edited by fmr on Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

The other problems are that the unnecessary scanning process is an obstacle to doing anything at all until it finishes AND it puts up a splash screen which potentially obscures any dialog boxes spawned by the plugins being scanned and some of those can even come up behind the Cubase Window so you don't realise they are even there.

With all the interruptions it is like being back in the bad old days when a PC would be completely monopolised (100% CPU utilisation) by the process of formatting a floppy disk. The mentality underlying Cubase is that old.

The program should give the user the option to rescan and default to NO and the rescan process should be able to be terminated at the user's discretion at any time ffs.

My bad, I thought we were talking about the seemingly bizarre extra long rescan two times a year from cubase when it's daylight savings, when no other hosts have this issue?

:shrug:

incubus wrote:My bad, I thought we were talking about the seemingly bizarre extra long rescan two times a year from cubase when it's daylight savings, when no other hosts have this issue?

:shrug:

:-)
we were......but there was a little detour :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

:lol:

Good ol' kvr, no stone left unturned :hihi

Just handled the infamous "event" myself...

Each Cubase version on my HDD took 10-15minutes(!), with two prompts in between telling me "some license can't be found" (fine - whatever, were demos anyway). Cubase 7.5 even crashed twice(!), while Cubase 9 mostly loaded without problems. Wavelab on the other hand was like "pft... something happened? Wha?! Nah, cool - let's launch and get to work, yo!".

But the kicker - firing up Cubase, then loading a 1-week old project, I get error messages "plugin XYZ can't be found". So I hit the CubaseBlacklistVST.xml - check what's going on - and holy bajeebuz sh*t - 30+ plugins on there what were never blacklisted before. Including DC2016 plugins, iZotope (with most recent updates), AirMusicTech Xpand!, and Ignite Amps! Meaning: delete the XML file, relaunch Cubase, wait another 5 minutes to get those files checked. What do you know, they resurfaced like they should, even though iZotope plugins are still "Blacklisted" (yet I can still load them fine).

Definitely "a non important issue" all right.
*WARNING: Sarcasm!*
This year has been more drastic than the last 10 years I've been... er... "enjoying" this "excellent feature".

Glad that this happened on a non busy weekend.
But here is to Cubase 12 fixing this... in like 6-8 years. :party:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Only 5 minutes on my machine - but it crashed 3 times, once when scanning Retrologue...

Wow. That's just crazee ... :wheee:

It only happens if you have auto daylight savings enabled. Dis-able that, set the clock manually and no re-scan is triggered. Never had an unwanted re-scan in over 10 years.

With Cubase 9 its much faster than with previous versions.

I can live with that.

Googly Smythe wrote:Only 5 minutes on my machine - but it crashed 3 times, once when scanning Retrologue...
As a ps, Win10 put my clock forward 2 hours... :dog:

bustedfist wrote:It only happens if you have auto daylight savings enabled. Dis-able that, set the clock manually and no re-scan is triggered. Never had an unwanted re-scan in over 10 years.
Somebody has not read the thread properly - but thanks for reminding all of us once more of that apparently super simple working... er... workaround.

[/sarcasm - yes, these days you HAVE TO note down a footnote, else people just loose their minds!]

rasmusklump wrote:With Cubase 9 its much faster than with previous versions.

I can live with that.
+-1min difference - can't confirm. Nothing to rave home about...
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
Somebody has not read the thread properly -
And still refuses to read 5 pages of bollox on a bollox topic. :wink:

bustedfist wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
Bollox for you maybe...

Do you even use(!) Steinberg sofware? On top of that, not the "LE" or "Budget" version, not to mention longer than 2-5 years for that matter?

If the answer is "no" - thanks for lecturing "us". :tu:

MOVING ON!

Compyfox wrote:
bustedfist wrote:
Compyfox wrote:
Bollox for you maybe...

Do you even use(!) Steinberg sofware? On top of that, not the "LE" or "Budget" version, not to mention longer than 2-5 years for that matter?

If the answer is "no" - thanks for lecturing "us". :tu:

MOVING ON!
I go back to SE1 days through current full version. Over 10 years with nothing but Cubase. Have helped thousands of people over the years on multiple forums. Do I require a note from mom, also? :roll:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”