Ableton Live 10 - what is it?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soarer wrote:I would love to see a proper supported iPad app which would work as an extension to Push so that everything you can't do with Push you could do on such an iPad app. It would fill in quite a gap.
But there is such thing already. For quite some time. I used it and it works exactly like Push 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xliPDw6k8yM

Ableton announced they now own Cycling ‘74 so I think that could mean a huge overhall of Live now that they have all their tallent and resources.
https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/ableton ... rtnership/

"For you, the customer, everything will remain the same: Live and Max for Live licenses will continue to be administered by Ableton. And if you own Max, you will continue to have a licensing agreement with Cycling ‘74 and be looked after for support, sales and everything else by exactly the same team at Cycling ‘74."

I didn't see that one coming! Good news!
Hopefully they can make it run more smoothly now.

Better panning equation. Instead of bringing the volume down doing panning positioning.

Being able to resize to smaller windows stuff like Drum Racks and the like.

incubus wrote:I don't have a clue, but I can tell you why I stopped using it (for anyone that gives a rats)

Audio. It's just f...king insane. MOST REMEDIAL AUDIO HANDLING EVER! And for me being a bass and guitar guy it was just too much. I waited two and half years for improvements. If there was an audio editor that integrated (and tried them all ) that would have been fine, but audio editing is prehistoric in live, and I couldn't handle it anymore.

what's wrong with Edison ?

integration is quite nice just have to collect the samples from the working folder of Edison to the actual project folder from AL when it's needed
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Integrated gain and fade handles on clips.

Multi clip edit (you seriously want me to go through every single clip on a track and apply fades one at a time!?!?!).

Track height presets. Track hide options.

More macros (and less! - a hide / show function so you can just see the ones that are active).

Colors in browser.

Ghost midi and audio clips.

Stem bounce option (bounce the entire audio path of each audio / midi track).

Freeze with side chain. Ability to select / deselect certain plugins from the freeze process.

sorry dbl post

AJ SS wrote:Integrated gain and fade handles on clips.

Multi clip edit (you seriously want me to go through every single clip on a track and apply fades one at a time!?!?!).

More macros (and less! - a hide / show function so you can just see the ones that are active).

Colors in browser.

Freeze with side chain. Ability to select / deselect certain plugins from the freeze process.
Yes -- +1 to all of these! Ghost midi and audio clips, multi clip edits, and integrated gain and fade handles on clips would be my top 3.

I'd not thought about colors in the browser. Would you have different colors for midi instruments, audio effects, clips, samples, e.g.?

p4tz3r wrote:
AJ SS wrote:Integrated gain and fade handles on clips.

Colors in browser.

Yes -- +1 to all of these! Ghost midi and audio clips, multi clip edits, and integrated gain and fade handles on clips would be my top 3.

I'd not thought about colors in the browser. Would you have different colors for midi instruments, audio effects, clips, samples, e.g.?
No I'd just like to be able to right click and color any files that are in the browser like you can with clips in the project... or like finder in OS X. For example when you're flying through sounds and find something you might want to use in another project you can just color code it how you like... like a favorites function I guess.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”