cubase 9

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

Just because I'm in a chatty mood (like most of the time :hihi: )

I'm really impressed with some of the built-in synths. I'm really surprised by the tonal quality and ease of use.

Side note: Does anyone have info on IC pro now that there is an update on iOS?

Retrologue is kind of an under the radar gem. It isn't as sonicaly solid as some of the current best VSTi, however it is totally usable in song context. And, after the last update that added the FX and Arp/Seq tabs it is really a complete workstation.

Groove Agent is also far more flexible/powerful than people understand because of the overly complex UI. Even the SE version.
I was "meh" on Halion Sonic until H5. When they added the granular and organ zones, it really brought life to Halion. Now with the Wavetable zone it's WOW.

Padshop is the best granular synth I've used. Other granular VSTi are either too complicated to the point of being more science experiments than instruments, or the features are so dumbed down you almost always end up back sounding like a Kazoo. Padshop has the right balance. Obviously, the expanded granular capabilities in Halion make it better, but from a self contained workflow standpoint Padshop kicks ass.

I use Padshop quite a bit. I rarely use GA or Retrologue even though I own the full versions. GA is just too much work to get it to do what i want. I'm thinking if I would take the time to be an expert at its workflow I would probably use it. I just haven't spent the time. Retrologue I should probably use more. Especially with how CPU efficient it is. I am currently a wavetable Junkey in H6.

There, how is that for a chatty ramble.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Divine :cool:

I wonder why you can't resize the inspector?

Yes, Inspector is a bit strange that way.

I think it was Marker Track that I could not see all columns properly. I had to use the separate dialog instead. You don't even get a horizontal scrollbar.
Right side is sizeable, sooooooooo what were they thinking.

Or there is something you can edit and set somewhere else like xml.

At least fix a scrollbar. That is kind of standard with fixed sized stuff, that can hold wider content. I always do named markers, so it becomes wider.

:phew:

Glad it's not just me.

Yeah, it's doable but wonky. Looks like after looking up some youtube vids that it's gotten worse over the years too.

I hadn't checked into markers during the demo (not sure why) so it's .... interesting. Like 1 and 2 being useless for go-to on the keyboard. I'm sure there is some reason (looks like they go to loop begin/end) but it's still kinda counter to what the logical brain thinks would happen.

Thanks to everyone for all your help :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”