Disappointed with Steinberg

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bustedfist wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Good to know. I will definitely be retaining that address myself as I am using a soft eLicenser as well.
Thanks! :D
You can transfer the soft eLCC to a dongle and not have to worry about the soft licenser anymore. It would allow you to run the program on other machines without re-auth every time you switched.
I just completed my Ryzen 7 build and am testing C9E on it now. I'm debating on moving to C9 Pro, when they have their summer sale, or staying with Cubase Elementsand upgrading to 9. If I stay with Elements, I will get the key as I will be using it on a couple of computers.

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
bustedfist wrote:
JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Good to know. I will definitely be retaining that address myself as I am using a soft eLicenser as well.
Thanks! :D
You can transfer the soft eLCC to a dongle and not have to worry about the soft licenser anymore. It would allow you to run the program on other machines without re-auth every time you switched.
I just completed my Ryzen 7 build and am testing C9E on it now. I'm debating on moving to C9 Pro, when they have their summer sale, or staying with Cubase Elementsand upgrading to 9. If I stay with Elements, I will get the key as I will be using it on a couple of computers.
I still have LE1 on an XP system and use it all the time, no copy protection. For what I do, it's plenty. I've been using the full versions since SX3 just because I've had the dosh to upgrade. I skipped C5, but have the disk if I ever wanted to try it.

Many big companies has this rerouting stuff from which country you connect and stuff. So quite a few times you get issues since they feel you should be connected to your local site from where you are.

If in Japan, this could be the case.

I had problems with Yamaha and Magix with this - and their local sites simply don't have the same products or layout even.

Anyway, just an idea....no idea how to solve your issues. I've had issues in understanding to register product and license with eLicenser and things. What is serial and keys and things like that.

And logging in to store and MySteinberg are different things.

Just fake-rant in their official forum. Mod will read your post.

Mod will ban you and delete post, AND tell you you don't have a valid license ;)

OK,

Thank you all for informative replies!

Few hours after posting my message here in KVR forums (and yet another email resending round), I got message from Steinberg, that my download and purchase was "reactivated" (whatever that means), and it is now visible in myproducts! Oh the Power of Forums!

The issue could really have been that I made the purchase while being in Japan (rerouting services thing according to place where you are).

There seems to be two different sets/pages/sites, whatever, for purchased Cubase products:
-first there is steinberg.net -> mysteinberg->myproducts
-then there is shop.steinberg.net -> downloads (with activation codes)
Both use same email address to login, but different password.

For some mysterious reason most, but not all of the products in "shop" are visible in "mysteinberg"
-this may be the case also in some of the problems in your replies

This issue of two pages/lists/sites is not clearly explained in help/instructions/faqs.
Furthermore it is not explained when you ask/receive help from Steinberg support.

It escapes my reason why there are two non-synchronized lists of my products in Steinberg?
To repeat: It would be so nice, that these both sites would show identical lists!

( I checked also from the shop before complaining, and E8 was not there. After activation mentioned in previous post it appeared in "shop" not in "mysteinberg")

Dartelec wrote:There seems to be two different sets/pages/sites, whatever, for purchased Cubase products:
-first there is steinberg.net -> mysteinberg->myproducts
-then there is shop.steinberg.net -> downloads (with activation codes)
Both use same email address to login, but different password.

For some mysterious reason most, but not all of the products in "shop" are visible in "mysteinberg"
-this may be the case also in some of the problems in your replies

This issue of two pages/lists/sites is not clearly explained in help/instructions/faqs.
Furthermore it is not explained when you ask/receive help from Steinberg support.

It escapes my reason why there are two non-synchronized lists of my products in Steinberg?
To repeat: It would be so nice, that these both sites would show identical lists!

( I checked also from the shop before complaining, and E8 was not there. After activation mentioned in previous post it appeared in "shop" not in "mysteinberg")
The shop provides two downloads of bought software. If you haven't used the two, they'll still be listed. MySteinberg is what matters.

The shop and Steinberg are two different entities, thus separate logons.

Nevertheless: a open ticket should be answered. Steinberg does that not. Repeatedly.

I just heard back from them and I told them that I still had open issues but I'd given up on Steinberg and switched to alternates. They closed the ticket, didn't even try to address my problems.

I'm so glad I haven't invested much in them.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

That's unprofessional cs. Now you have to change your user name to Hans Zimmer. They will respond immediately 24/7.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”