Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

popskull wrote:VST2 and VST3 scanning in S1 3.5 OSX is a piece of s#^t fullstop
Agreed and it affects all systems too, the only defence I can give to the devs is that the bug appeared later and after they had initially scanned all their plugins. I only say that because it is so obvious on a fresh install.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

One thing that may or may not work better on Mac, to upgrade...

- Install parallel, don't overwrite 3.3.4.
- After install, run 3.3.4 and turn off plugin scanning in preferences.

Unless you installed new plugs it should be off anyway to start faster. If you have 600 plugs, there's no need to scan them on every launch. If you add new plugs later update those from the browser button.

If all your plugs are already scanned and working in 3.3.4, they should show up and work in 3.5 without being scanned again because those two same major versions share those settings files.

Something to try anyway.

Its important to note that if you get through the initial scan, any plugins that were blacklisted can be rescanned and they then work. Very strange.
Mac Studio

Does it still have the same flat 2D interface?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

InLight-Tone wrote:Does it still have the same flat 2D interface?
Do you expect it to have changed without notice?

mholloway wrote:oh, and for those saying / thinking the "doesn't startup on Mac" is just one or two guys here:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=25665

A whole thread of Mac users who can't open the program at all. Nice work, Presonus!

-M
"The tech support confirmed the issue on 10.9.5"
"We're seeing this issue that appears to be linked to OSX 10.9. We are forwarding this for review. "
Using an O/S that is 4 generations behind might cause compatibility issues, maybe it's time to update your systems people?

gas pump wrote:
mholloway wrote:oh, and for those saying / thinking the "doesn't startup on Mac" is just one or two guys here:

A whole thread of Mac users who can't open the program at all. Nice work, Presonus!

-M
"We're seeing this issue that appears to be linked to OSX 10.9. We are forwarding this for review. "
Using an O/S that is 4 generations behind might cause compatibility issues, maybe it's time to update your systems people?
There are people on 10.11 having this issue as well. There may be a 10.9.5 issue that's similar, or overlapping.

Robert Randolph wrote:
gas pump wrote:

-M
There are people on 10.11 having this issue as well. There may be a 10.9.5 issue that's similar, or overlapping.
Again, older generation O/S, you've got to expect incompatibilities in exchange for your unwillingness to stay up to date in a fast moving technology space. These are the bumps in the road you signed up for by sticking to older technology that has less beta testing.

Solution, update your O/S and stay current so you don't run into these types of issues. Or be prepared to troubleshoot and wait for solutions to resolve your problems.

gas pump wrote:

-M
What the hell are you talking about? I'm on 10.11.6, El Capitan. That's hardly some ancient OS, in fact NOT upgrading to Sierra is the smart move right now, as anybody here except you would probably agree.

So you copied and pasted some info about 10.9.5 -- but this issue goes way beyond that. I cannot open Studio One V.3 anymore, and I'm on 10.11.6.

beatmangler443 wrote: Why did you buy it a second time if you knew their were issues and you had a hard time with this DAW. You could have waited and read feedback on the current release or more importantly wait to download a demo of 3.5 to see if it worked on your computer? I demoed reason for three weeks. It ran good on my computer and then I bought it. I tried DP and it crashed crazy on my computer. I did not buy it after that.
Because I needed to access old files that were necessary for a scoring gig that paid me 15k, that's why. I bought it half off, pure luck they were having a sale at the time, it was 200 for the full version. This was well before 3.5 btw, so the rest of your comments aren't relevant. My demo's were up, that wasn't an option anyway.
Life is complicated like that, ya know?
In any case, I'm not using S1 any more for professional gigs, so it won't be an issue down the line, it was just that one project .

-M

gas pump wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:
gas pump wrote:

-M
Again, older generation O/S, you've got to expect incompatibilities in exchange for your unwillingness to stay up to date in a fast moving technology space. These are the bumps in the road you signed up for by sticking to older technology that has less beta testing.

Solution, update your O/S and stay current so you don't run into these types of issues. Or be prepared to troubleshoot and wait for solutions to resolve your problems.
To reiterate it happens in Sierra 10.12.4 also
Mac Studio

mholloway wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote: Why did you buy it a second time if you knew their were issues and you had a hard time with this DAW. You could have waited and read feedback on the current release or more importantly wait to download a demo of 3.5 to see if it worked on your computer? I demoed reason for three weeks. It ran good on my computer and then I bought it. I tried DP and it crashed crazy on my computer. I did not buy it after that.
Because I needed to access old files that were necessary for a scoring gig that paid me 15k, that's why. I bought it half off, pure luck they were having a sale at the time, it was 200 for the full version. This was well before 3.5 btw, so the rest of your comments aren't relevant. My demo's were up, that wasn't an option anyway.
Life is complicated like that, ya know?
In any case, I'm not using S1 any more for professional gigs, so it won't be an issue down the line, it was just that one project .

-M
Sounds like the better purchase should have been a better mac and using the latest updates and staying up to date on the latest OS. Maybe some of the professionals who use studio one can help you here:
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/presonu ... pdate.html

See a lot of haters here who don't use studio one mad because presonus is kicking butt right now lol.

beatmangler443 wrote:See a lot of haters here who don't use studio one mad because presonus is kicking butt right now lol.
We need a dumb post of the day thread - this would win it. Most of the posts seem to be people trying to load it and who therefore do use it, or at least would like to if they could load the damn thing.

On the other hand, especially when S1 is not your main host, you could wait until they update it. And then trash it on the internet, if you still want to do so.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”