Studio One 3.5 Released.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

mholloway wrote:
gas pump wrote:
mholloway wrote:oh, and for those saying / thinking the "doesn't startup on Mac" is just one or two guys here:

https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=25665

A whole thread of Mac users who can't open the program at all. Nice work, Presonus!

-M
"The tech support confirmed the issue on 10.9.5"
"We're seeing this issue that appears to be linked to OSX 10.9. We are forwarding this for review. "
Using an O/S that is 4 generations behind might cause compatibility issues, maybe it's time to update your systems people?
What the hell are you talking about? I'm on 10.11.6, El Capitan. That's hardly some ancient OS, in fact NOT upgrading to Sierra is the smart move right now, as anybody here except you would probably agree.

So you copied and pasted some info about 10.9.5 -- but this issue goes way beyond that. I cannot open Studio One V.3 anymore, and I'm on 10.11.6.
I'm on El Cap too - but I can open it and haven't had any of these problems - but as I said before I disabled VST supported ages ago so that sounds more like a factor than OS per se.

It's a S1 3.5 OSX problem irrespective of the OSX version. it's specific to VST2 and VST3 scanning. AU scans ok as per previous S1 versions . Previous S1 versions scanned VSTs ok as well. No need to send them a ticket as they have a ton of them on the issue already. Hoping they put out a new version shortly to fix it.

3.5 was definitely crashing on startup after the VST scans, right when looking for the internal sound engine, and this simple workaround has fixed the issue for the interim. I'm confident Presonus will figure out what's causing the issues and release a patch/update soon, but this got me going again.
seems the tech support found a workaround.
"you can create an aggregate device on your Mac that incorporates your built-in output with your built-in microphone.
Once you have created the aggregate device in the Audio MIDI Setup, the first time that you launch Studio One it will crash. The second time that you launch Studio One, you can tell the program not to use the built-in output, and it will automatically switch to the aggregate device"

aMUSEd wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:See a lot of haters here who don't use studio one mad because presonus is kicking butt right now lol.
We need a dumb post of the day thread - this would win it. Most of the posts seem to be people trying to load it and who therefore do use it, or at least would like to if they could load the damn thing.
But that isn't gonna cut it :uhuhuh:

If you have a problem with studio one (or sonar) you simply are a troll who doesn't know what they are doing!

Honestly, I'm glad they improved some things but why do people find it necessary for these two hosts to fanboi to the point of absurdity (and how anyone can take that seriously)

popskull wrote:It's a S1 3.5 OSX problem irrespective of the OSX version. it's specific to VST2 and VST3 scanning. AU scans ok as per previous S1 versions . Previous S1 versions scanned VSTs ok as well. No need to send them a ticket as they have a ton of them on the issue already. Hoping they put out a new version shortly to fix it.
tbh I'm not having those problems with VST3s either, and I have a fair few of them.

aMUSEd wrote:
popskull wrote:It's a S1 3.5 OSX problem irrespective of the OSX version. it's specific to VST2 and VST3 scanning. AU scans ok as per previous S1 versions . Previous S1 versions scanned VSTs ok as well. No need to send them a ticket as they have a ton of them on the issue already. Hoping they put out a new version shortly to fix it.
tbh I'm not having those problems with VST3s either, and I have a fair few of them.
As per your suggestion I disabled VST 2 and apart from the initial scan issue it's running very well. Caveat being I am demoing 3.5 and it is not my main DAW so how much better or worse than previous IDK. I have a lot of tracks done in V2 that I couldn't open anymore so upgrading to 3.5 is certainly viable for me to do that.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

aMUSEd wrote:
I haven't disabled anything and am not having this problem either, FWIW, so I don't know what could be the issue with some and not others (but it's always frustrating though).
Last edited by macmuse on Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nevermind

Is there a way yet to save a channels setting (including all inserts) like a preset, whether a group, master or single channel?

This is the only thing holding me back from leaving Cubase. I have a ton of channel settings saved with VST and specific inserts, and am able to name those like presets, and load into any project.
wiz1der
Hip Hop since '87
wiz1der.com

Does S1 allow to use alias in vst folder like ableton?

No but you can use symbolic links to do the same thing

Thanks. Oh that means I can't organize and make custom vst folder structure. :neutral:

wiz1der wrote:Is there a way yet to save a channels setting (including all inserts) like a preset, whether a group, master or single channel?

tooneba wrote:Thanks. Oh that means I can't organize and make custom vst folder structure. :neutral:
Yes you can, just do the same as you would for shortcuts but with symlinks - make folders and subfolders of symlinks to your plugins organised how you want. Unlike aliases and shortcuts that only work with Live and a couple of other hosts symlinks work with almost all - I do this for all my hosts (tbh except for S1 as I disabled VST now but I think it used to work in S1 before I did that)

Does symlink voluntarily specify 1.DLL and 3.DLL in Program/Vstplugins folder, not 1.DLL, 2.DLL, 3.DLL? You mean I make 2 symlinks for 1.DLL and 3.DLL?

We have many dll in Vstplugins folder but don't always need all DLL listed, you know.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”