Propellerhead Reason 9.5 known VST issues (plug-in list)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

summer2000 wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:MeldaProduction plugins (at least v11) is not working correctly in Reason. I can't expand the interface, or open the preset browser. Unfortunately I upgraded to v11 before I tested v10, so I don't know if v10 still works.
Disable keyboard input in the plugin settings and you'll be back in business :tu:

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic. ... da#p335672
Great tip, thanks! :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Gosh wrote:
gas pump wrote:BFD3 VST drum library - Some interface issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaL1GA-3EJY
I have problems with all my FXpansion plugins (including Synth Squad and Tremor). Windows 7, 64 bit.
edit: GUI is unresponsive and after trying to change parameters on the GUI
yeah same here... geist 1 and 2, tremor, synth squad, strobe 2 and all their efx

Reason 9.5d241, Kontakt BUG "Getting crash when using Kontakt VST with Reason 9.5."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XreLGynF_s

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
gas pump wrote:(Appears to be a multi-core issue) not Diva specific.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/propell ... ort-7.html (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/propellerhead-reason/1151274-new-reason-9-5-update-has-vst-support-7.html)

BobTheDog/Gearslutz

Well I tried the demo and the performance on my 12 core MacPro is woeful.

For example a single Diva plugin, default patch playing a simple melody is taking up 470% cpu in reason, the same in Live is 70% and Logic 45%.

All VST plugins that I have tried cause reason to use massive cpu amounts!

Edit: Propellerhead support have got back to me very quickly, hopefully they can shed some light on this.

Interestingly if I turn multi core off in reason the cpu drops drastically, from 470% to 60%. This is using a 128 buffer size.
Hi all, I'm a HP Z820 User with Multi Core and 128GB RAM. Performance with Ozone 7 is horrible as is with Diva and D16 Lush. All VSTs cause huge spike in Reason. I've also emailed Props and eagerly awaiting a reply. I'm glad I'm not the only one and looking forward to a workaround.

emef wrote:
Gosh wrote:
gas pump wrote:BFD3 VST drum library - Some interface issues
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaL1GA-3EJY
I have problems with all my FXpansion plugins (including Synth Squad and Tremor). Windows 7, 64 bit.
edit: GUI is unresponsive and after trying to change parameters on the GUI
yeah same here... geist 1 and 2, tremor, synth squad, strobe 2 and all their efx
FXPansion Mault works perfectly here.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Image Line Drumaxx (64 bit version) sounds fine, but the GUI is messed up. The dials won't turn, the patch browser behaves weirdly. You can still scroll through patches one by one with the arrows. you can't control volume or change any of the parameters on the individual drums.

Izotope Ozone 7, way higher CPU usage than normal.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Do VST3's load well? Do they load preferentially over VST2, if a plugin has both versions?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought maybe the Expert Sleepers Silent Way Suite wasn't loading at first.

DJMaytag wrote:Do VST3's load well? Do they load preferentially over VST2, if a plugin has both versions?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought maybe the Expert Sleepers Silent Way Suite wasn't loading at first.
Only VST 2 is supoprted AFAIK.

I wish they solve VST2 issues before they go in to VST3 ocean.

I'm quite off topic and have nothing meaningful to add to this thread, however, these sorts of issues is the reason that P.H. avoided VST all these years. Looks like it's biting their asses hard! :ud:

I suspect they've been working pretty hard on this for a while. VST suppOrt seems pretty solid so far for me.

That said... D16's Nepheton doesn't seem to be allowing the individual drum outputs to work. Trying to route to the optional audio outputs on the back of the VST, but no dice thus far.

Haven't tried this with Drumazon nor Nepheton yet.

Voxengo SPAN seems to be having some issue responding to the keyboard and even the mouse. I can't manually type in anything to adjust the settings, and even with using the on-screen "keyboard." I have to hit the buttons a few times before any input is entered.

Anytime I drop down a menu, I can't do anything unless I select something in that opened drop down menu. In Cubase, I can click outside the open drop down menu, and it will close the drop down.

EDIT: SPAN, not SPAN Plus.
Last edited by DJMaytag on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kmonkey wrote:I wish they solve VST2 issues before they go in to VST3 ocean.
+1! Tested Reason with VSTs and there were higher cpu consumption, crashes, lagging interfaces and sometimes Reason did not detect some plugins at all.

They released update 9.5.1

This did nothing for me regarding performance - it is still VERY wrong. At this point i don't think anymore this is oversight. This is something like by design or something?

One Redrum, one Bazille (yes Bazille is demanding but still i can use 8x more in other DAW), No Reason FX or VST FX nothing. Bazille HQ off. Bazille multicore on (off does not make any difference) Reason Multicore and Hyperthreading enabled.

ASIO buffer 1024, 44khz session.

So basically one Reason ultra low CPU device, one Bazille. One midi clip of several notes added. Press play everything is fine. Closing Bazille, still fine. Reopening Bazille GUI and i am getting "your computer is to slow etc.etc."....Even though Reason DSP performance meter show only one or possibly two bar is used out of five. This is not good.

We are talking about i7 Haswell overclocked to 4ghz, 32GB ram, SSD HDD.

I have Reaper and Ableton on same system. Same patch, same midi clip i can easily load 8 Bazille synths and still plenty of room for everything else.

Drag and drop MIDI clip on to instruments is nice improvement.

I'm seeing a touch less CPU usage, so maybe it's your system and not Reason?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”