Celemony Melodyne upgrades just went on sale

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that I could upgrade from Essentials to Melodyne Editor (getting me DNA) for just $199 USD today. Since Essentials really cost me nothing (it came with Studio One), I just scored Melodyne Editor for $199 USD. Not too shabby! :party:

Glad I finally upgraded. I regret not jumping on the option to upgrade for $149 USD when I first got Studio One back in the day, but I'll settle for $199 USD right now.

Anyone else jumping on Editor, Studio, or Assistant?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I still haven't figured out how to change file tempo AFTER importing the file. It was easy in v2, not so in v4. The whole thing is geared towards the assumption that the audio files brought in have been sung to freestyle without any tempo info.

Where did you get that price from? Also, how long does that sale last? Thanks.

beatmangler443 wrote:Where did you get that price from? Also, how long does that sale last? Thanks.
If you log into your Celemony account, it will be available in the upgrades section (you have to click through the "buy" option and scroll down for upgrades). Otherwise, you can get it at AudioDeluxe:

https://www.audiodeluxe.com/products/ce ... or-upgrade

According to what I saw in my Celemony account, it ends July 31, 2017.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

keyman_sam wrote:I still haven't figured out how to change file tempo AFTER importing the file. It was easy in v2, not so in v4. The whole thing is geared towards the assumption that the audio files brought in have been sung to freestyle without any tempo info.
That's not been my experience at all. If I import a full song (say for instance, a track I want to create a tempo map from in order to do a remix, etc), it scans and detects the tempo, and creates the map. Then you can tweak or adjust it as you like:

https://youtu.be/eVeZDnYKy2U?t=13

Also, just type your desired base tempo into the BPM box up top...

EnochLight wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:I still haven't figured out how to change file tempo AFTER importing the file. It was easy in v2, not so in v4. The whole thing is geared towards the assumption that the audio files brought in have been sung to freestyle without any tempo info.
That's not been my experience at all. If I import a full song (say for instance, a track I want to create a tempo map from in order to do a remix, etc), it scans and detects the tempo, and creates the map. Then you can tweak or adjust it as you like:

https://youtu.be/eVeZDnYKy2U?t=13

Also, just type your desired base tempo into the BPM box up top...
That's exactly what I DON'T want. I want to specify my own tempo without it altering anything. That's 99% of my use case where arrangements have been already done to tempo.

If I enter the desired base tempo into the BPM box it will change the tempo, not assign it. I want to assign tempo.

keyman_sam wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Also, just type your desired base tempo into the BPM box up top...
That's exactly what I DON'T want. I want to specify my own tempo without it altering anything. That's 99% of my use case where arrangements have been already done to tempo.

If I enter the desired base tempo into the BPM box it will change the tempo, not assign it. I want to assign tempo.
If you already know your base tempo, open Melodyne Editor, enter the base tempo info, time signature/grid into the transport's BPM box up top, turn off auto-stretch (the button to the right of the BPM data box), and then import your audio track. Melodyne automatically reads wav data that has embedded tempo info (such as Apple Loops), though.

Also, make sure to right-click on the time-stretch box and enable "assign tempo".

EnochLight wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Also, just type your desired base tempo into the BPM box up top...

If you already know your base tempo, open Melodyne Editor, enter the base tempo info, time signature/grid into the transport's BPM box up top, turn off auto-stretch (the button to the right of the BPM data box), and then import your audio track. Melodyne automatically reads wav data that has embedded tempo info (such as Apple Loops), though.

Also, make sure to right-click on the time-stretch box and enable "assign tempo".
Yes, that's what I do. That's my point - it doesn't let you assign constant tempo after importing, without modifying anything whereas v2 had it.

keyman_sam wrote:Yes, that's what I do. That's my point - it doesn't let you assign constant tempo after importing, without modifying anything whereas v2 had it.
Huh? yes it does - after you import your audio, turn on time stretch and adjust your tempo. It will adjust accordingly. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by constant tempo?

Constant tempo = fixed tempo, correct?

*EDIT: wait, I think I understand what you're saying. Yes, in version 4 you have to tell Melodyne that you want to import with auto-tempo detection turned off, if you want that "feature". V2 didn't have auto tempo detection, though, correct? I came aboard after 2.0, so I don't remember.

EnochLight wrote:
keyman_sam wrote:Yes, that's what I do. That's my point - it doesn't let you assign constant tempo after importing, without modifying anything whereas v2 had it.
Huh? yes it does - after you import your audio, turn on time stretch and adjust your tempo. It will adjust accordingly. Or am I misunderstanding what you mean by constant tempo?

Constant tempo = fixed tempo, correct?

*EDIT: wait, I think I understand what you're saying. Yes, in version 4 you have to tell Melodyne that you want to import with auto-tempo detection turned off, if you want that "feature". V2 didn't have auto tempo detection, though, correct? I came aboard after 2.0, so I don't remember.
Yes that's what i want. In summary : I have an audio file which I KNOW is 132 BPM. I import it in Melodyne, it says tempo is 65 or whatever, I don't care. I just want to assign 132 to it and start working. CAN'T do that!

This worked perfectly fine in v2. I DONT want any time stretching, just normal vocal pitch correction.

keyman_sam wrote: Yes that's what i want. In summary : I have an audio file which I KNOW is 132 BPM. I import it in Melodyne, it says tempo is 65 or whatever, I don't care. I just want to assign 132 to it and start working. CAN'T do that!

This worked perfectly fine in v2. I DONT want any time stretching, just normal vocal pitch correction.
To be clear - YES - you can still do this perfectly fine in 4.0. You just have to tell Melodyne to not do auto-tempo detection first. It's not that big of a deal, really (taking into consideration the added benefit of tempo editing as well).

If you like, I can make a video for you demonstrating how to do it. Let me know...

I have a Melodyne Editor crash both on OSX 10.12 and WINDOWS 8.1 :(
Crash reported about 2.5 years ago.
Reported again 2 month ago and got reply:
Hello,

I am sorry to say, but Melodyne editor 2 is discontinued since the release of version 4 early this year.

With best wishes,

Ulf Kaiser
Thanks for support Celemony!

krandr wrote:I have a Melodyne Editor crash both on OSX 10.12 and WINDOWS 8.1 :(
Crash reported about 2.5 years ago.
Reported again 2 month ago and got reply:
Hello,

I am sorry to say, but Melodyne editor 2 is discontinued since the release of version 4 early this year.

With best wishes,

Ulf Kaiser
Thanks for support Celemony!
You were seeking support on a version of software that's 2 versions behind the current one... not to mention, it came out over 9 years ago. I mean, it sucks that you never got a response from your first request 2.5 years ago, but did you follow up at all?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”