Cubase 9 Artist - is it worth it

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VELLISLAV wrote:Hello kvr i used to play with my Cubase 5 le for years and i like simplicity of it - right now i can upgrade to Cubase 9 le for 9.99 euro but think that maybe it is better to invest more money in Artist version and to continue work with it.If somebody had work with both can you give me advice - for now i just make demos of my soundsets and don't make 'serious' tracks so is it worth to spend 311 euro for Artist - is the difference between both worth the money.Thanks.
If you have the money, upgrade to Pro in one step. Otherwise, upgrade to Artist while this discount of 40% is still on. If you don't upgrade now, then you need to wait one year.

Be aware of that you need to buy the dongle USB for Artist or Pro separately. Elements doesn't need a dongle though.

Elements 9 has some limitations, but still very good budget version, while Artist is a big step ahead by having nice synths and effects. Artist allows you to sidechain but not in Elements.

Pro has additional effects like Frequency, multibands compression and another reverb. It also has the full score editor and other advanced tools. However, I found Artist to be more than enough for midi editing and has great midi tools like beat designer and full set of midi inserts.

I found the built in effects more than enough for me, so although I have some 3rd party effects, I don't use them as the ones in Cubase do the job nicely :)

In short, if you like the Le version, then you would love the Artist/Pro version :)

Googly Smythe wrote:DAWs are like children's clothes - you don't buy clothes that fit, you buy clothes that are too big so that the child will "grow into them".
Same with a DAW - you may not need all that functionality now, but...
Disagree, my mother taught the same and bough me clothes that never fit me and not single item ever grow to fit me because clothes is not made to last forever, so I was always wearing bigger clothes like some kind of poor charity case that didn't had anything else than clothes for someone else donated to him.

Back to DAW's, if one is heavy on EDM, why not find the best DAW/workflow solution for it, instead of suffering trough other workflow on premise "maybe one day I will record a band or do movie score" and than for number of years one do EDM and never record one single band or need any advanced MIDI, but cry and bitch about some niggles and dream about some features, pointless really.

What opened my eyes about this is Bitwig, I love Logic, but I'm not using half of the stuff he is capable of, but instead the stuff I do use are plain easier in Bitwig plus some extra stuff, it's safe to say after all these years I'm not gonna use any of the features and it's time to move on, so yeah, just use the DAW that suits you the most now, you can always buy another if something changes, DAW is not worth to waste your precious time and suffer, use what you like and forget about everything, it's worth it, your joy is priceless.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Romantique Tp wrote:
VELLISLAV wrote: where u see these prices - it let me only to buy pro 9 for 449 euro as upgrade of le 5...think to make comparison with fl studio these days to see what new there...
Use the code shown at the top of the page, UPGRADE17
You'll then see the discounted prices.

As for FL vs Cubase, Cubase is a lot more versatile overall so I think it might be the better choice for someone working with multiple styles. Pop music in particular would benefit a lot from the mixing capabilities of Cubase Artist/Pro.
Googly Smythe wrote:DAWs are like children's clothes - you don't buy clothes that fit, you buy clothes that are too big so that the child will "grow into them".
Same with a DAW - you may not need all that functionality now, but...
Agreed.
Thanks for the info man - i had miss that part :)Now the question is Artist vs Pro 9 i think xtra 100 eu will worth in the future...Real deal :)Yesterday i play with alternative daws Reaper and MULAB which are realy good cheap daws but i miss some stuff from cubase - with these prices fl studio is off so probably i will buy le9 then will decide for Pro...to be pro studio musician is my teen dream and probably this is the step that i need to make to start something in this direction - the dream may not become true,but at least i can try ...the money are not the real problem -anyway we spend during the whole year so much money for useless things,maybe i have doubts about music as a serious business and profession :)Thanks.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”