Studio One's (3.51) third party plugins GUI problem (blank or partly blank)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, more recently Studio One v3 (3.52) degrades Third-party VSTs. Usually It shows them fully at the start (but not always), but when I put my cursor on it, plugins' gui may partly disappear. Or some GUIs' segments may appear as move the cursor along (as I move the cursor the plugin segments (knobs and etc) appear back, but when I take the cursor away the segments may disappear). Also it doesn't happen in Bitwig Studio or Mutools. I've got windows 10/64 bit. Switchable video cards (it's a laptop with two cards - Intel HD 540 and Radeon). I've got 12Gb Ram, intel i7). The system uses Windows bitlocker. Again, this happens only in S1. I have reinstalled (and renewed) all drivers. Nothing helped. What is the cause for this annoying issue? Thank you.

Igro wrote:Hi, more recently Studio One v3 (3.52) degrades Third-party VSTs. Usually It shows them fully at the start (but not always), but when I put my cursor on it, plugins' gui may partly disappear. Or some GUIs' segments may appear as move the cursor along (as I move the cursor the plugin segments (knobs and etc) appear back, but when I take the cursor away the segments may disappear). Also it doesn't happen in Bitwig Studio or Mutools. I've got windows 10/64 bit. Switchable video cards (it's a laptop with two cards - Intel HD 540 and Radeon). I've got 12Gb Ram, intel i7). The system uses Windows bitlocker. Again, this happens only in S1. I have reinstalled (and renewed) all drivers. Nothing helped. What is the cause for this annoying issue? Thank you.
Do you use the on chip hd540? Or the onboard radeon gpu?

Hi exmatproton! I tried both (by default it is intel 540). Still doesn't work. I can't believe i have to do win 10 installation from scratch damn. And why only S1? I have sent a support ticket to presonus.

Hi Igro,

I know this probably sounds obvious, but it would seem that it is definitely an issue with your graphics card setup / graphics cards.

It may be that something with S1 is triggering or causing this issue for you, maybe Presonus support can troubleshoot and find the cause for you, maybe not.

I had a laptop many years ago that had switchable graphics - it had the Integrated GPU and a Nvidia card as well, and I just remember having no end of issues with it, being switchable and all. A lot of the time I was trying to use the Nvidia card (and trying to force applications to run on it), but it was a headache to get it to work most of the time.

I don't know what the state is of switchable GPU setups these days, but if you are able to, I'd try and disable one or the other GPU and see if that helps.

Switchable GPU's on laptops are a good idea in theory, but in my experience with them, they can cause more problems than they are worth.

Hi ozmuso67. Thank you for your response. I have fixed that already. And as you told above, the problem was with the Radeon card. I switched windows power plan to 'balanced' and this fixed the problem (in balanced mode, Studio One uses the built-in Intel HD card, instead of Radeon). So you were completely right. And Presonus support was wrong...

In fact, exmatproton was right too, but I wrongly said to him that I use Intel HD by default.

That's good to hear, Igro. Glad you were able to get it sorted.

Cheers.

:hug:

hey my studio one 4 for mac refuses to run tyrell 6n and gives an error message saying no gui found .
also the same with hive
can u please find a solution

I had such problems with blank GUI's a few times as well, with Studio One 3/3.5, but, also with version 4. Often, it simply was fixed by closing the plugin window, and opening it up again. Really dunno what causes it. Seems to be exclusive to very few plugins as well. Blaukraut Charlatan often had the issue, IIRC.

I'm having similar problems on a notebook with Studio One 3.5 and ARC 3 demo. Any ideas?
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”