Record what you hear in wavelab elements???

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
WaveLab Pro

Is it possible to record what you hear in wavelab elements 9?

right now im using the laptops onboard audio (as my presonus 1602 console is packed down for moving)

im running win 7 64bit

Don't know, but Audacity will.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Sure, just set the record device to "What you hear", or "Stereo mix", or whatever it is called in your audio card or interface settings. :) Just right-click on the speaker symbol in the Windows task area, choose "Record devices", and set "What you hear", or "Stereo mix" as the default device.

cool will try it out tommorow,thanks:)

By "record what you hear" , do you mean record a wav running in wavelab with some fx added? Or do you mean record from a microphone or external input? All are possible, but the method is different.

I think what is meant is the "Record what you hear", or "Stereo mix" source option of the sound card, where you can record what is being played back, e.g. a internet radio stream, or audio from a music or video player.

chk071 wrote:I think what is meant is the "Record what you hear", or "Stereo mix" source option of the sound card, where you can record what is being played back, e.g. a internet radio stream, or audio from a music or video player.
Yes this is what i mean.

jabe wrote:Don't know, but Audacity will.
Audacity by itself does nothing to enable that. It totally depends on that feature of your soundcard.

What Audacity does however, is describe how to do it in the manual:
http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tuto ... tml#wasapi

The same concept should be applyable in any audio recorder which lets you select from what device (or driver model) you want to record.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Indeed. If you set up the recording source in Windows audio settings, it will apply to any sound recording program.

I notice it will save to a .wma file. If you want .wav see this; (read what other say also)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiYo82Q0hWQ
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I notice it will save to a .wma file.
Not sure what you mean. Wavelab saves it as a temporary wave file, and you can choose in which format you want to save it afterwards. Just like any other audio editor i know.

BTW, some more things: I think you have to switch to Windows MME in the Wavelab VST connections options, and you can also choose the recording sources there. In my case, i have to choose "Stereo mix" as the source. Saves to a temporary file, and you can choose the codec, and codec options then, when you save the file.

chk071 wrote:
annode wrote:I notice it will save to a .wma file.
Not sure what you mean. Wavelab saves it as a temporary wave file, and you can choose in which format you want to save it afterwards. Just like any other audio editor i know.

BTW, some more things: I think you have to switch to Windows MME in the Wavelab VST connections options, and you can also choose the recording sources there. In my case, i have to choose "Stereo mix" as the source. Saves to a temporary file, and you can choose the codec, and codec options then, when you save the file.
Well, I thought the focus was on the Win7 'Sound Recorder' program.
If not...never mind then. :shrug:

Also...I'm running Win7 and don't have any choices other then mic and line.
EDIT - did you see this?
https://ddmf.eu/virtual-audio-recorder/

I don`t know maybe Audacity will

Ive got it working ,but it picks up way to much back ground noise,to be useable,so i have to wait untill i can get my console connected again,but thanks for the helt guys

Subbase wrote:Ive got it working ,but it picks up way to much back ground noise,to be useable,so i have to wait untill i can get my console connected again,but thanks for the helt guys
After all that you say you have it working? You have what working? and there is too much background noise!
Please fill us in.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”