Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
LeVzi
KVRAF

1724 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:14 am Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

Seems they are not responding to mysteinberg support tickets anymore, anyone else having this issue ?

I have send three in total now, going back months, and no response from them.

I do know they changed offices recently, so maybe there is a huge backlog, but seems it's business as usual for other things like updates.

Anyone else had contact with them through their MySteinberg system recently ?
Forward ever, Backward never
rasmusklump
KVRian

728 posts since 13 May, 2004, from Germany

Postby rasmusklump; Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:25 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

The don't care about their customers at all.
lfm
KVRAF

4237 posts since 22 Jan, 2005, from Sweden

Postby lfm; Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:00 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

They seemed to have dropped support - just about completely.

In some months you can expect an excuse - and if your issue remains they ask you to post it gain in a new ticket - yeah, right that seems useful.

Right now though, germany main vacation month is august - so that may have some part in this, if we talk right now.

Even people having issue enough to not get recent purchase up and running - is ignored.

This will all transfer into sales result in the long run.
Romantique Tp
KVRist

122 posts since 2 Nov, 2015

Postby Romantique Tp; Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

What problem are you having?

Most of their staff seems to have returned from vacation today, so you should be receiving a response soon assuming that you wrote your support request clearly.
chk071
KVRAF

13896 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:53 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

rasmusklump wrote:The don't care about their customers at all.

Bla.

Anyway, they surely take some time sometimes. I had support requests, which were replied to 2 months after i sent them. Especially when there's stuff like Musikmesse, or NAMM, it can take some time. But i never had the case that one of my support requests wasn't replied to.
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
bustedfist
Banned

Postby bustedfist; Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:03 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

I never use support from any company. I look through forums and Google for any answers if I can't find the info in the manual.

There's a way to deal with activation issues, and it isn't through the main support channel. There's an address to send these issues to that's checked regularly, whether during events, vacations or not. I've used it a couple of times and the longest wait time was a few hours for a reply and the issues sorted.
jancivil
KVRAF

13258 posts since 20 Oct, 2007, from No Location

Postby jancivil; Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:26 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

LeVzi wrote:Anyone else had contact with them through their MySteinberg system recently ?

I have a ticket out, a reiteration of the ticket last week. With both I received acknowledgment same day, they took 6 days to get back to me with their non-solution, then I see a survey 'tell us how we're doing' basically which means they considered it solved, and no. It's something I cannot fix myself.

It's never been this long, for me.
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1805 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:24 pm Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

I contacted support last week and opened a ticket. Before the end of the week they had contacted me back and resolved my problem, which included sending me a product serial number!

I guess it depends on what the request is concerning. Either way, there is life there.
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:09 pm Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

Update: they got back with me today with the new activation code I needed. So, took a week to sort.

My experience has been very good since the beginning (2003). They informed me with the first acknowledgment of my issue they were very busy with a high volume of support requests.
This was actually the worst, because I had described that what they provided as the solution in the request, as having not worked. I kind of bitched but without, you know, 'tone'.
LeVzi
KVRAF

1724 posts since 7 Jul, 2008, from Cardiff, Wales, UK

Postby LeVzi; Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:10 pm Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

Sounds to me they are being selective in their responses.

I sent three requests , 1st was over a month ago, 2nd was around 3 weeks ago, and last was last week, the last was an official complaint too, which has been blatantly ignored.

What a poor state this company appears to be in.
Forward ever, Backward never
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1805 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:31 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

jancivil wrote:I kind of bitched but without, you know, 'tone'.

Now 'that' I would love to hear. :hihi: Maybe I could even sample it.
chk071
KVRAF

13896 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:45 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

LeVzi wrote:Sounds to me they are being selective in their responses.

I sent three requests , 1st was over a month ago, 2nd was around 3 weeks ago, and last was last week, the last was an official complaint too, which has been blatantly ignored.

As far as i saw, their support system works on a base of solved and unsolved support requests, so, i think what they do is handle the requests, and try to solve them sequentially. I also wondered sometimes though why it takes so long for them to reply (they ALWAYS replied though, even after weeks). On the other hand, as far as i know, a lot of support requests nowadays are like "Hey, Steinberg, i can't tie my shoes. Can you help me???", and you also have to sort these people out, so the "serious" support requests may fall a bit short in consequently...
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:23 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

thejonsolo wrote:
jancivil wrote:I kind of bitched but without, you know, 'tone'.

Now 'that' I would love to hear. :hihi: Maybe I could even sample it.

- the only response I've received indicates no reading of my ticket at all
(the solution was something I reported already trying).

I donno, seems fairly dry. I was quite irritated they assumed this was sorted, by repeating their FAQ info basically. I needed an activation code for something that had already been activated and now I have it. I have one behind a lost dongle too. I broke a dongle one time and got help that afternoon on the eve of a holiday when their phones were off. They been berry berry good to me. :D
jancivil
KVRAF

Postby jancivil; Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:26 am Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

LeVzi wrote:Sounds to me they are being selective in their responses.

They know you hate them. :)
I kid, sorry, that is pretty awful.
lfm
KVRAF

4237 posts since 22 Jan, 2005, from Sweden

Postby lfm; Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:03 pm Re: Steinberg stopped support ? (Mysteinberg)

chk071 wrote:On the other hand, as far as i know, a lot of support requests nowadays are like "Hey, Steinberg, i can't tie my shoes. Can you help me???", and you also have to sort these people out, so the "serious" support requests may fall a bit short in consequently...

Maybe they should introduce something like telephone queues has with 5-6 levels of choices before you are finally at "I'm not a robot"-thingy which nobody can solve. :D

I simply hate this bleeding "I'm not a robot" with street signs, shop fronts, cars and rivers and whatnot. Takes forever, for me that is.... :dog:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)