Cubase 9.5 launch today!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

So just your opinion, would rather have someone from Steinberg answering that.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Oh I'm sure Steinberg is watching this thread very closely :hihi:

They answered me before when I asked about .5 update for AI/Elements in about 15 minutes, Guillermo I think, following previous logic I would taught it wasn't going to be possible, but they did it, so worth asking what are the plans for this.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Romantique Tp wrote:Cubase AI uses the same executable as Cubase Elements. There would be no reason for them to delay the ability to upgrade to Cubase AI 9.5 when Elements 9.5 is already out. Simple logic.
Except for the fact that they've done precisely this several times in the past. Previous LE/AI update offers have generally appeared some way into the lifecycle of the latest version, not immediately after its release. I think Steinberg's thinking is that if you haven't upgraded from LE/AI to Elements by then, they might as well offer an LE-to-LE or AI-to-AI upgrade to at least get you on to the latest version.

Sorry for not clarifying earlier, but you can't normally upgrade Cubase AI to the latest Cubase AI. They only allowed you to do that in 2015 because it was temporarily impossible for Cubase AI/LE 4 and 5 users to upgrade to Cubase Elements 8, which at the time wasn't released at the same time as Cubase Pro.

Now you can upgrade ANY version of Cubase AI to Elements, so that's very unlikely to ever happen again. The only way to update is to buy an upgrade to Elements.

The Knowledge Base article for this 2015 upgrade offer explicitly states that "it never was planned to offer updates within the Cubase AI / Cubase LE product line".

Sorry, but you could upgrade to 9 AI, that's why I ask, saw that offer in my account before, now there's nothing for 9.5.

Romantique Tp wrote:Sorry for not clarifying earlier, but you can't normally upgrade Cubase AI to the latest Cubase AI. They only allowed you to do that in 2015 because it was temporarily impossible for Cubase AI/LE 4 and 5 users to upgrade to Cubase Elements 8, which at the time wasn't released at the same time as Cubase Pro.
Steinberg have always maintained that the only way to upgrade LE or AI is to upgrade to Elements but they have occasionally provided offers to upgrade LE or AI to the latest versions. When they do its usually as an offer in your "My Steinberg" account, it won't be available as a general upgrade through the Steinberg shop. I was able to upgrade AI 7 to AI 8 in 2016 through such an offer and I have seen at least one more since then (possibly to AI 9) but given the 'discretionary' nature of these offers there's no guarantee that they'll do the same in future.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”