Cubase Crossgrade for Cakewalk Sonar Users / 50% off

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Steinberg has decided to offer all Cakewalk Sonar Platinum and Professional customers a dedicated 50% off welcome offer on Cubase Pro.

The crossgrade is available for a limited time at participating retailers worldwide. In Europe the crossgrade is already available today in the Steinberg Online Shop. European retailers will offer the crossgrade from Friday on. Due to Thanksgiving the crossgrade will be available in the US next week at Sweetwater and many other retailers.

Cheers from Hamburg,
Matthias
Matthias Quellmann - Senior Marketing Manager | Cubase
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Nice!
What sound do dreams make when they die?

Is that 50% of the "new" price of Cubase or 50% of the "Crossgrade" price?

I don't see it in Steinberg online shop. Can you provide a direct link?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

rlared wrote:Is that 50% of the "new" price of Cubase or 50% of the "Crossgrade" price?
A very good point.

Cubase Pro Full Version 579 €
50% Off = 289,5 €
Competitive Crossgrade (which was already available before they made that announcement): 289 €

So, no "dedicated offer" for Sonar customers, I'm afraid. :/

But that offer is good enough for me. I have projects to finish. Can't wait longer.
Optimal number of audio plugins is one more than you currently have.

Actually the price for the competitive price was €359 until today. In order to make it available as soon as possible we just reduced the price to €289. After the Welcome Offer Promo the price will go back to €359.
Hamburg, Germany

What will be the Sonar user Crossgrade price in US dollars tomorrow?

husker37 wrote:What will be the Sonar user Crossgrade price in US dollars tomorrow?
At Sweetwater USD 255 + USD 35 for the eLicenser dongle
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you.

MatthiasQ wrote:Actually the price for the competitive price was €359 until today. In order to make it available as soon as possible we just reduced the price to €289. After the Welcome Offer Promo the price will go back to €359.
Hi Matthias,

And thank you for your reply.

I think it's an generous offer. You can count me in as a new Steinberg Cubase customer. Going for some serious online shopping tomorrow.

By the way... how does this crossgrade work?

Just an example. I Want to crossgrade from Studio One to Cubase. So I need to proof that I have Studio One. But will I have to give my Studio One license to Steinberg or are they connected somehow after that? Or do I need only to show them once that I own Studio one and thats it?

One more thing:

If I buy it from the Steinberg Shop, it's a boxed version. My local dealer told me that the boxed version comes only with the eLicencer dongle, and that you have to download software + samples (18 GB minimum?) - is that correct?

Yesterday, 11/22/17 i almost bought Cubase from Sweetwater and upgrade from other DAW including Sonar was $325. There was no 250$ deal. There also still nothing on Steinberg web shop, evening of 11/23/17. Where can i order it? Is it supposed to appear tomorrow? Thank you.

Wait, what? So when i buy Cubase Pro boxed version, the box already contains the eLicenser dongle?
There is no mention of that in the Steinberg site, or i did not see it.
I was contemplating getting Cubase and i was going to buy the eLicensesr separately. :dog:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”