Acid Pro 8 Confirmed for 2018 Release

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACID Pro 8

DocAtlas wrote:
rsdown wrote:Just a follow up...
Just used the upgrade path. $99 for 7 now, 8 when released. I upgraded from 3! Couldn't believe I still had the SN. I think the upgrade price expires tomorrow (21st).
I've been getting the same offer in my email. The problem is, when Magix acquired the program, they gave me a free copy of ACID Pro 7. Is there some sort of upgrade path for those of us who already have version 7? I didn't see anything on the website.

I tried my 7 serial and it didn't work. No way on earth I am paying MORE later. Either they make it $99 at some point or I won't buy it. And I REALLY want it.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
DocAtlas wrote:
rsdown wrote:Just a follow up...
Just used the upgrade path. $99 for 7 now, 8 when released. I upgraded from 3! Couldn't believe I still had the SN. I think the upgrade price expires tomorrow (21st).
I've been getting the same offer in my email. The problem is, when Magix acquired the program, they gave me a free copy of ACID Pro 7. Is there some sort of upgrade path for those of us who already have version 7? I didn't see anything on the website.

I tried my 7 serial and it didn't work. No way on earth I am paying MORE later. Either they make it $99 at some point or I won't buy it. And I REALLY want it.
I just checked my account at Magix, and all of my older versions af ACID (from 2.0 to 6.0) are showing in my registered products, but 7.0 isn't.

Edit: I was able to register 7.0 with no problem. I noticed that the email I originally gotten from them had two serials; a shorter one, that worked, and a longer one that was probably the old Sony S/N. You might want to contact support if you can't get 7.0 registered.

I was mistaken about gettinig 7.0 for free; I had gotten Music Maker Free when I upgraded ACID to 7.0 for 39.95. Maybe I will get some sort of upgrade offer now that I've registered 7.0.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

If you have 7, I don't think this offer will work since I had to upgrade TO 7. If you have an older SN, you could try it. Like I said, my SN for 3 worked. When it installed, it went in as a new install. Didn't seen to overwrite 3.
I also got two #'s. Used the short one (which SAID it was contacting Sony to register). NO idea what that long one would be for.
Yeah, hopefully they will make all upgrades this price. Makes no sense if you have been with them up to 7 that you'd be penalized $50.

Side note: It loaded 1.8gb of loops on install. Are those of any real use? Or just the demo bits? Can't find anything but the demo samples.
Sam

As someone who also had Acid almost from the very beginning I decided that Mixcraft was a better option.

rsdown wrote:If you have 7, I don't think this offer will work since I had to upgrade TO 7. If you have an older SN, you could try it. Like I said, my SN for 3 worked. When it installed, it went in as a new install. Didn't seen to overwrite 3.
I also got two #'s. Used the short one (which SAID it was contacting Sony to register). NO idea what that long one would be for.
Yeah, hopefully they will make all upgrades this price. Makes no sense if you have been with them up to 7 that you'd be penalized $50.

Side note: It loaded 1.8gb of loops on install. Are those of any real use? Or just the demo bits? Can't find anything but the demo samples.
I'm not expecting a free upgrade, but I hope that some offer will be forthcoming for those of us who have had ACID 7.0 prior to this offer for new purchasers.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

ACID was great at manipulating audio files and the playlist/sequencer window is still more intuitive than most DAWs I've tried since abandoning ACID - I could really fly around in ACID to move, cut, copy, paste and paint an arrangement with audio clips. ACID's downfall was that it sucked for VSTs and automation envelopes (they would get really crowded in v6 PRO which was my last edition), couldn't do simple routing functions for things like vocoding, and was as stable as a drunk in a funhouse.

I did like the ability to turn the piano roll on and off right in the playlist/sequencer lane and the huge vertical zoom you could get as well on any lane. It's better than Live in that respect - I think Live's Piano Roll is one of its worst features.

I always liked how you could figure out where in an audio clip a slice came from by going to clip properties. I think Live does the same thing in a different way, but other DAWs still don't do this.

My guess is that v8 Pro is just going to be a refaced 64bit version of v7 Pro that is intended to be more stable, but you probably won't see any quantum leap until the next version if ever.

Spencer Maddox wrote:Hi all. So I found something interesting while surfing.
https://www.facebook.com/MAGIX/posts/10154636258447579
It appears that, very quietly, Magix is infact working on a new version of the Old Acid Pro Program.
Honestly I never used Acid. It was a bit before my time (I started making music in 2013) but I know it has some major historical significance in the history of Music software. And Many people I have met rave about how unique it was.
What do you all make of this. And specifically What would you want to see them implement in it?
It has a lot of catching up to do that is for sure...
Very exiting news and it's just about to be released! I'll definitely be getting version 8 as version 7 still to this day IMHO has the best workflow for working with samples. Simply awesome that it's still alive! :D :D :D

don't get to excited. i still use Acid Pro 7 and from what i have read there is nothing much 'new'. the GUI is now darker and it's available as 64bit ( which is good news for some, granted). I don't see anything else major.

To be fair though, I think going 64bit & a revised GUI is all alot of people wanted for Acid for a long time.
Magix have mentioned that new virtual instruments will be included in 8 also, they have not announced the full feature set yet, so wait and see. If people have moved on then great, but personally i'm looking forward to giving 8 a shot.

don't get me wrong, i am very fond of acid pro and just the fact it's being revived is good news. developments would be great, particularly in the midi side of things.

It's gonna take about 5-7-10 years to see if Magix does anything really off of the beaten path with those products they got from Sony. Vegas in particular has great potential to do some morphing, and a good foundation.

We'll see. I demo'ed Sony's new cross platform editor btw, that thing is nice.

Anyway, it would probably be a massive coding job but if Magix merged Vegas and Acid into a new product... that would be quite interesting.

EnochLight wrote: One of Acid's selling points back in the day (IMHO) was the unique Acid loop libraries that were sold for it, and I just don't see Magix offering the sort of content that used to be at Sonic Foundry's/Sony's disposal.
From Eric Dettman, employee at Magix:
The content was part of the acquisition and MAGIX does now own it. We are still currently in a transitional state where MAGIX is implementing infrastructure for selling and activating those products. At some point in the (likely near) future, those will be available for sale.
Source: https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/24/1013061

I know that new loop libraries are coming too. Can't say anything about it, but it's coming. :phones:

Hope this thing has Ableton Link...

Another Magix humble bundle deal.

Acid 7 and Sound Forge 11 plus some other throw always for $30!

They must be banking on upgrade fees.

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/m ... c-software

On https://www.magix.com/us/music/acid/ they write:
Valid until March 14, 2018 Including ACID Pro 8 for free! ($149 / C$199 value)
I'm guessing buying it from Humble Bundle doesn't count... but maybe it does?
Can anyone confirm? :hug:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”