Logic Pro v10.4 is out

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

32 Lives. Works like a charm.

sprnva wrote:I've no idea about K6.

Another option might be to get 32 Lives so you can continue to run K3.5 and any other 32-bit plugins in Logic.

But it's probably no harm to get a newer Kontakt anyway.
i appreciate the suggestion, however, any money i spend is going to be on upgrades and not on a tool to further complicate the compatibility of things. :shrug: i know people report success with their use of things like jbridge and whatnot, but i don't want to add that extra layer of troubleshooting.

And holy shit, 32 Lives is $99!
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: And holy shit, 32 Lives is $99!
But it works perfectly, as though it isn't even there. The plugins show up exactly like the others in your Logic menu.

macmuse wrote:
But it works perfectly, as though it isn't even there. The plugins show up exactly like the others in your Logic menu.
I can verify that it works perfectly. It's not resident, it just wraps or unwraps the plug-ins in a 64-bit container. If it's too pricey for you, c'est la vie, but don't project other program's failings, real or perceived, onto it.

jonljacobi wrote:
macmuse wrote:
I can verify that it works perfectly. It's not resident, it just wraps or unwraps the plug-ins in a 64-bit container. If it's too pricey for you, c'est la vie, but don't project other program's failings, real or perceived, onto it.
I originally purchased 32 Lives for older VSTs in Cubase (it was on sale at the time for $69) and was particularly surprised at how well and trouble-free it behaved in Logic. The advantage over the less expensive Jbridge is that it is far less fiddly installing and setting it up. It was worth the extra money to me.
On a number of Macs

Does anybody know why with "Keep Project Tempo" selected - while an imported rubato acapella file's audible tempo isn't changed, the Tempo displayed keeps changing? Really counterintuitive and is messing with Flex Pitch/Time.

Also getting lots of replicable crashes with Overloud Breverb 2 & EAReverb 2 (endless beachball requiring Force Quit), Toneboosters, and Goodhertz plugins (crashing upon project close every time if activated on Master track).

Winstontaneous wrote:Does anybody know why with "Keep Project Tempo" selected - while an imported rubato acapella file's audible tempo isn't changed, the Tempo displayed keeps changing? Really counterintuitive and is messing with Flex Pitch/Time.

In the region inspector, enable “Flex&Follow“, then the tempo of the a cappella region will adapt to the project tempo.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Winstontaneous wrote:Does anybody know why with "Keep Project Tempo" selected - while an imported rubato acapella file's audible tempo isn't changed, the Tempo displayed keeps changing? Really counterintuitive and is messing with Flex Pitch/Time.

In the region inspector, enable “Flex&Follow“, then the tempo of the a cappella region will adapt to the project tempo.
To add to this, in the tempo editor of the chosen region, choose “adapt region tempo to project tempo“ with Flex&Follow enabled, make sure to select an appropriate stretch algorithm for your audio material (e.g. Polyphonic“ or “Monphonic“).

Quick and dirty demonstration of how to use some the new tempo functions in Logic 10.4 - the electric guitar recording used in this demo was played freely without a click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpV73qSVuU

Sampleconstruct wrote:Quick and dirty demonstration of how to use some the new tempo functions in Logic 10.4 - the electric guitar recording used in this demo was played freely without a click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LpV73qSVuU
Thanks so much, will review when I get home tonight.

Weasel-Boy wrote:
jonljacobi wrote:
macmuse wrote:
I originally purchased 32 Lives for older VSTs in Cubase (it was on sale at the time for $69) and was particularly surprised at how well and trouble-free it behaved in Logic. The advantage over the less expensive Jbridge is that it is far less fiddly installing and setting it up. It was worth the extra money to me.
i've been wondering... What happens to these 32-bit to 64-bit wrappers when the next version of Mac OS stops supporting 32-bit software entirely? Will they still successfully wrap 32-bit plugins or stop working due to the OS not supporting 32-bit binaries?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
Weasel-Boy wrote:
jonljacobi wrote:
macmuse wrote:
i've been wondering... What happens to these 32-bit to 64-bit wrappers when the next version of Mac OS stops supporting 32-bit software entirely? Will they still successfully wrap 32-bit plugins or stop working due to the OS not supporting 32-bit binaries?
Shouldn't make any difference as once the wrapper is in place, the plug-ins are for all intents and purposes 64-bit.

jonljacobi wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
Weasel-Boy wrote:
jonljacobi wrote:
macmuse wrote:
Shouldn't make any difference as once the wrapper is in place, the plug-ins are for all intents and purposes 64-bit.
Does the wrapper not rely on the ability to execute 32-bit code?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote: Does the wrapper not rely on the ability to execute 32-bit code?
Not a programer, but I can't see why it would make a difference whether the OS would allow 32 bit applications, since we're talking about plug ins, that unless in stand alone aren't talking directly to the OS? So say my copy of Mirislov Philharmonic 1.0 shouldn't have any issue as a plug in, but it might not work as a stand alone application if OSX became capable of running 64 bit applications only.
There's no functional reason I can think of why an OS would prevent 32 bit code, but I could see why 32 bit applications might be stopped at the proverbial gate.

"Does the wrapper not rely on the ability to execute 32-bit code?"

You're asking the wrong people. All I can tell you for sure is that it works now.

https://soundradix.freshdesk.com/suppor ... 5000168330

You can created a support ticket I believe. I'd love to know the answer to this as well. And it's not a "wrapper" as I said, but a "translation component".

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”