CPU clipping, max for live plugins.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone had trouble with the max for live plugins? I hooked up the lfo pattern sellect knob to the mono sequencer and it just jams the ableton DAW. im getting CPU and audio clipping and surprisingly its not actually effecting my actual task manager CPU readings.

I changed my audio settings from my m-audio 1010lt to ASIOall which helped a little bit, but as you can see here, my daw CPU is going mad. As soon as i turn of the max for live lfo the ableton CPU jumps from like %75 to %15.

any idea whats going on?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Can you be a bit more specific? You connected M4L's LFO to what exactly? The LFO itself does take some CPU, but not nearly enough to cause this - it looks more like the device you're modulating is heavily taxing one of your CPU cores / threads.

Also, understand that Task Manager and Live's DSP meter don't show the same thing - the former shows average utilisation across all cores, the latter shows how much processing is happening on the busiest core, ie. it doesn't matter if 7 of your cores / threads do nothing, but if one core / thread is choked, the sound will start crackling anyway (in theory that would show 100% in Live and 12,5% in Task Manager). I'm pretty sure if you clicked that "Open Resource Monitor" you'd see that one (or few) cores are used much more than the others.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote:Can you be a bit more specific? You connected M4L's LFO to what exactly? The LFO itself does take some CPU, but not nearly enough to cause this - it looks more like the device you're modulating is heavily taxing one of your CPU cores / threads.

Also, understand that Task Manager and Live's DSP meter don't show the same thing - the former shows average utilisation across all cores, the latter shows how much processing is happening on the busiest core, ie. it doesn't matter if 7 of your cores / threads do nothing, but if one core / thread is choked, the sound will start crackling anyway (in theory that would show 100% in Live and 12,5% in Task Manager). I'm pretty sure if you clicked that "Open Resource Monitor" you'd see that one (or few) cores are used much more than the others.
is there a way to adjust the core threads to work better with the DAW? i have more then enough processioning power, but it seems this DAW likes to just run hot on one core.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”