Ableton Live 10 Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Live

Live's GUI is unique, I've got no real problem with it. I wish it was better on touch screens, but it has vastly improved there recently so..

sprnva wrote:Looks like that preset bug hit Andrew Huang as well.
How did that guy get 1 milllion subscribers doing Ableton videos.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

At the point I hear several buzzword flying around and saw bunch of fluffy fancy video edit I chose to close video, but I'm sure many kids loves to keep watching those video and will subscribe.

Haven't read all these comments but anyone having any issues with it like crashing? Mines been rock solid. For 2 weeks I've put it through it's paces, everyday for 4-6 hours and NOTHING! maybe the automation lines get sticky when I move them but that's about it.

Kinh wrote:Haven't read all these comments but anyone having any issues with it like crashing? Mines been rock solid. For 2 weeks I've put it through it's paces, everyday for 4-6 hours and NOTHING! maybe the automation lines get sticky when I move them but that's about it.
Its rock solid here too. My only complaint is how long it takes to start up ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Kinh wrote:Haven't read all these comments but anyone having any issues with it like crashing? Mines been rock solid. For 2 weeks I've put it through it's paces, everyday for 4-6 hours and NOTHING! maybe the automation lines get sticky when I move them but that's about it.
Its rock solid here too. My only complaint is how long it takes to start up ...
Same here, although at least it is starting up faster than the beta did

No crashes here. Personally, Live 9 was always pretty solid for me with the exception of a few plugins (PositiveGrid springs to mind).

I'm seeing improved CPU performance here with my first couple of run-throughs(this is my anecdotal two cents)
WIN 10 - 2 x SSDs - 4790k non-overclocked - 16gb RAM - Tascam u7000 running 44.1@24bits

best of luck
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Greetings from a non-Ableton user i just came here my self to surrender and share the information for people who might be interested.

A couple days ago while discussing with friend producer about which DAW was better between Reaper and Ableton, i throw up my self(reaper user) some biased opinions about how reaper was super stable and more memory efficient than ableton, that Reaper would use better high core count cpu's etc etc (which was maybe a couple years ago true...) and the discussion ended up with my friend simply sharing his Ableton account passward with me, so i could test his updated live 10 in my very recent adquired Dual Xeon E5 2690v2 (20 core - 40 thread) build with 128gb of ram in quad channel

So he was saying, that Ableton was now super stable and multi-core friendly and that my system would make huge advantage of it, but i honestly refused to believe, firstly because my cpu despite being super powerful even for today, its old, its a 2013 cpu from ivy bridge generation, that despite been super expensive at the time now cost-me less to build than a current modern high end cpu (no joke...) and i truelly tought it would be just a matter of trying a couple heavy plugins to see Ableton cpu and stability fade away...

Well, i am here to say i am wrong, and Ableton Live 10 is really stable...
I just made a testing of loading 400 (yes... that's a 4 and two zero's) Omnisphere instances into an Ableton project... Ya know, just to try... and it keeps being smooth, it doesnt crack, it doesn't crash... it just works, and now i believe i could even load 800 because after using 400, i just used 50 gb of ram (less than half i have avaliable)

And this is amazing really, because when this type of cpu was released back in 2013, very few perhaps not of them would make use of this sort of architecture, or no software was design at that time for this sort of memory brutality, and now i just see ableton to work super stable with such high amount of resources, its really impressive.

So in order to perhaps guide some people to not think that old Xeon workstations are useless for music production, current software apears to be very stable and high count cpu processing friendly.

This experiment it self wouldn't be enough for me to change from reaper to ableton, because of the workflow, but even so i must admit it, well done Ableton team...(it seems i cant crash the basterd)

and here is the screenshot :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”