Map Komplete kontrol Mk2 knobs midi cc to Ableton internal devices on a per track basis?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Maybe a little much to hope for now.

Anyway - thank you for your help - massive improvement! :)

Problem is this is just midi - not sure that sort of exchange of info is even possible over midi, and it's certainly not doable in the script template Ableton provide, that's where deeper hardware integration over USB/OSC has the edge. At least it does allow for relative param takeover which is nice.

What the kk mk2 default configuration for Live does?

I had the impression it can control the mixer and transport and even get the cannel level meters.
dedication to flying

Yes but not devices, so this adds what is missing (personally I was more interested in that than transport control anyway)

Crap it's stopped working now.. argg. I just changed the name of the directory to something easier to find, selected it in preferences and now it's stopped responding, put it back to the old name and no joy. must have done something else.. mm. dammit.

Do I need to select "remote" on for any of the ports?

Reboot seems to have cured it.

can we use Komplete Kontrol software (inside ableton) without any hardware from NI ?

As a subhost yes

what is the advantage ?

Well the main advantage of the hardware is control, not sure the software on its own offers much other than organisation - it functions as a librarian for NIs entire sound catalogue and that of its NKS partners, including being able to preview patches.

Thanks !

aMUSEd wrote:
orbita wrote: Is there anyway to have the KK show the names of the parameters on the screens?
Sorry not as far as I know.
Man i am so mad at Ableton and NI both sitting in Berlin and they can't figure this one out. The whole Host integration was advertised a lot with Live 10 and the latest Kontrol software but all you can do is press play and change the channel levels which is such a waste of the good screen & knobs. It can't be that hard to just grab the parameter names from the current blue-hand macro and display them on the corresponding knobs on the Kontrol screen.

Thing is the knob control is using midi cc and that allows for 2 way information about levels but not text. The OSC based 'deep' integration does, in principle, and I agree it was dissapointing for me too that the integration really allows for just transport control and mixer levels which aren't a really big deal for me (you could do that with just MCU mostly) - device control would have been more useful. This is an issue I've raised myself with NI.

Its easily possible to transfer text i.e. parameter names via midi/sysex. Also it wouldn’t be too hard for ableton to change the macro behaviour if needed. Sending text of “active” selected macros like this from within max4live is no issue at all already, so it really comes down to NI and Ableton either not wanting to be compatible like that or being really stupid and/or lazy.

Thanks for this. Took some time to get it working, but I did.

I take it that this is for devices only, and not parameters on third-party interfaces? I would assume, in that case, that I could map parameters from third-party plugins to a MIDI template for reuse on the same instrument but a different track...yes?

Thanks!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”