Cakewalk Sonar Platinum is now free!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR SONAR Platinum SONAR X3 Producer

wetdentist wrote:new update available via BandLab Assistant that contains Pow-r dithering, Melodyne, Studio Instruments Suite, Drum Replacer & Theme Editor. i am downloading now
OMG it's true!!!
Testing now!

Anyone know which folder it downloads the installers to? Previous version of Bandlab Assistant downloaded it to "Downloads" folder.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Also, in the Cakewalk 2018.04.01 Release Notes you can find:
BandLab Assistant

New features:

- Notify when a Cakewalk update is available
- Allows you to choose which components to download and install
- Option to disable launch on startup
- More streamlined and many fixes
- Cakewalk installer is no longer silent, and has customization options for installation paths
Those updates in bold should be warmly received!

satYatunes wrote:Anyone know which folder it downloads the installers to? Previous version of Bandlab Assistant downloaded it to "Downloads" folder.
I found it at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads
iswr

Vee Nee wrote:
satYatunes wrote:Anyone know which folder it downloads the installers to? Previous version of Bandlab Assistant downloaded it to "Downloads" folder.
I found it at C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\bandlab-assistant\Downloads
Thanks. It seems like it deleted the installers after installing it as I don't see any in that folder except "assistant.exe".
Website | Portfolio

Yes, it deletes the installer as soon as installer application quits. I was able to copy those installers just by stopping right at the first installer question (language selection, if i remember correctly).
iswr

Vee Nee wrote:Yes, it deletes the installer as soon as installer application quits. I was able to copy those installers just by stopping right at the first installer question (language selection, if i remember correctly).
Awesome, thank you so much for sharing that info. Next update I will not let it escape :lol:
Website | Portfolio

How good is the bundled Drum replacer plug-in? Anyone using it ?

baaz wrote:How good is the bundled Drum replacer plug-in? Anyone using it ?
Just tried it for the first time. The idea of ARA drum replacement is great, and it seems to work pretty well on first glance. So after a few minutes...

Pros
ARA integration is nice

Ease of use is high

Cons

Haven't found a way to audition samples before loading them

Can't load multi-samples for different velocities

Doesn't appear to be a way to add folders to library of drum samples for easy access (Example: can't just point to my SSD samples and have them appear as options - would probably need to copy those into the Drum Replacer folder instead)

Might be buggy - a few times, I'd move the mix knob and the snare sample would disappear, but then double clicking the audio region would bring it back

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Cons

Might be buggy
It was a Cakewalk product . . . that is guaranteed :tu:
Say NO to CLAP!

I am really liking this program. Like, a LOT.
It's the first time that a big, full-featured, linear-style DAW has "done" it for me. They normally leave me feeling a bit cold. But this is great!

And I'm really impressed with the stability. I've had just one crash -- I tried to load an old copy of CM-505...
But that was loaded off an old backup CD of nearly the same age, so I deserved that crash. And it was more of a temporary freeze with which I lost patience and killed the process :D And this has been through all my stumbling about pressing all the buttons and learning how to use the program. That is generally when programs crash the most. This one? Not EVER. So that's good. LOL

Anyway, I'm making music now, so no more talking hahaha
resistors are futile you will be simulated
Soundcloud
T4M

What comes in the Studio Instruments Suite and are they VSTs?

mutantdog wrote:What comes in the Studio Instruments Suite and are they VSTs?
http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/Studio-Instruments

They are VST plugins. 64 Bit.
Website | Portfolio

jinotsuh wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Cons

Might be buggy
It was a Cakewalk product . . . that is guaranteed :tu:
Have you tried the newest bug fix release from a few days back to see if this still holds true for your machine ?

Its free, so no excuse not to at least to give it a try.

On my machine it is very stable. :tu:

Did a new install from Bandlab Assistant yesterday. My Studio Instruments showed up as "Uncatagorized" and looked like this: SI-Strings (32-bit). They are located in the C:\\Program Files directory so should be 64-bit, but they are a yellow color in the Uncatagorized folder, same with the other Studio Instruments. Same behavior with a new install of Dimention Pro. It show Dimension Pro x64 - (32-bit)...also in the C:\\Program Files tree...not Program Files (x86).

Any thoughts as to why? I installed this earlier in the month on another PC, and didn't have the same issue.
Bob B.
Founder
dawtopia.com
Music Production Blog for Stage | Studio | Digital Audio Workstation
Helping Musicians Make Great Music, That's What We Do!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”