28%
14%
5%
5 or more
14%

Total votes: 138

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Using multiple instruments is an exercise in procrastination from experience. There is no way to become PROFICIENT at multiple instruments and I'm talking getting lightening fast with their operation, fingering, moves etc. without enormous time expenditure. That's where you want to be, where music in the head get's into the instrument without THINKING!

Every instrument has different ways of playing, different shortcuts, different methodology to get work done. I think often one thinks they are working when they are taking time to study and figure out how to operate a complex tool like an instrument. But studying is not creating music and getting it out the door.

To get music out the door, and thus get paid, one has to focus and consolidate their efforts and work on actual music. To most, playing with all the myriad distractions you don't need, multiple instruments can result in a lifetime of procrastination. Fine if you want to tinker, but for those who aspire to support themselves financially, it's sabotage...
Hmmm. The logic doesnt seem to carry over. Wonder why.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

He assumes nobody here knows how to operate single DAW proficiently.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Not sure about that. I rather read that, the way to get your music really quick on the table is to know your DAW inside out, and, learning multiple DAW's simultaneously will hinder that. And i absolutely agree with that point. It's surely better to learn one DAW deeply, instead of scratching the surface on multiple ones.

chk071 wrote:Not sure about that. I rather read that, the way to get your music really quick on the table is to know your DAW inside out, and, learning multiple DAW's simultaneously will hinder that. And i absolutely agree with that point. It's surely better to learn one DAW deeply, instead of scratching the surface on multiple ones.
Yeah, but who here started with 2 DAW's immediately?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

chk071 wrote: It's surely better to learn one DAW deeply, instead of scratching the surface on multiple ones.
False dilemma, ignoring exactly the point Zexila just made.

The explicit fallacy presented made was that one must learn a single tool deeply, because no-one can use multiple tools sufficiently for each tool not to be an impediment.

chk071 wrote:learning multiple DAW's simultaneously will hinder...
Ahem, yeah that very much depends on the individual...

If you try and learn more than one language, you'll never be fluent in any.

But what if you are able to learn a language without trying...

pekbro wrote:But what if you are able to learn a language without trying...
Cant happen. Unpossible. Especially not simultaneously with another one.

Never happens. Fact.

I wonder how "deeply" one can learn a DAW? The practical definition of a DAW includes its internal and any external synths and FX, and they can be recombined in different ways. So if you have a dozen plugins that can create different results depending on the order in which you use them, you have 479 million combinations.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

whyterabbyt wrote:
Cant happen. Unpossible. Especially not simultaneously with another one.

Never happens. Fact.
That's not my experience, sorry...

whyterabbyt wrote:If you try and learn more than one language, you'll never be fluent in any.
Totally agree. :tu:

whyterabbyt wrote:If you try and learn more than one language, you'll never be fluent in any.
Not quite. Children around the world often learn more than one language at once (e.g. school and home). The problem is when children learn language from other children. Then they develop "creoles" with mixed-up language, poor vocabulary and lots of pointing.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

He was sarcastic, plenty of people here know english as their second language, not perfectly, but it's enough.

Zexila wrote:He was sarcastic
Im actually baffled that anyone took it at face value. :shrug:
, plenty of people here know english as their second language, not perfectly, but it's enough.
And indeed, plenty of people here are absolutely fluent in English as their second language. And Ive known several polyglots, one of the common traits of which seemed to be learning even more languages.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”