28%
14%
5%
5 or more
14%

Total votes: 138

RELATED
PRODUCTS

zzz00m wrote: Old proverb says: "If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one." :lol:
:tu:

chk071 wrote:
zzz00m wrote: Old proverb says: "If you chase two rabbits, you will not catch either one." :lol:
:tu:
I'll go with the old one that says "If you chase two pieces of tail, you may end up catching a menage a trois."

I guess some people like to live life on the edge, but then again I guess I'm just a silly rabbit.

actually i have three, but i just use two and a half with strong tendencies to drop one, so its just two i consistently switch.

seems like i stay renoise forever, together with ableton live (capture just nailed it for me), and after i used bitwig for the whole 1.0 process, i lost the drive for it even if i consider bitwig2 a godamn good daw to work with. but i wont sell it^^. just in case someone is interested

twelvety.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How many DAWs does it take to produce a hit song?

Exactly!
Edgar Rothermich
(iMac5K, 32GB)
YouTube Videos https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Books for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, GarageBand and FCPx http://DingDingMusic.com/
My Instagram for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools https://www.instagram.com/edgarrothermich/

EdgarRothermich wrote:How many DAWs does it take to produce a hit song?

Exactly!
The composer's DAW
The mixing engineer's DAW
The mastering engineer's DAW
:P

Just what i thought. :P

renoise: i've studied it enough to do what i want to do, and maybe in the future i'll dig deeper into the feature set. but for what i use it for, renoise is pretty much rock solid stable, and the 'spreadsheet' instead of 'piano roll' paradigm works with my brain.

it seems that every daw is a bugbear in at least some respect(s), and it's important to 'power through' with one's given 'toolset', in order to 'get things done'. ymmv

but yes, renoise is more or less fun/powerful/stable.

now, if i ever get around to recording multiple musicians in a room, or having multiple mics on a drum kit or whatever, reaper would be the thing... unless of course it were all mixed through a board, and renoise were to record a simple stereo track. but for, you know, 4, 8, 12 tracks etc. at the same time, reaper would probably be the thing.

for the time being, as a solo artist, recording no more than a stereo track at any given time, renoise 'does it all'.

Exactly!
How many DAWs does it take to produce a song that's not a hit? :?:

festeringheap wrote:

Exactly!
How many DAWs does it take to produce a song that's not a hit? :?:
Many. :hihi:
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

I'd like to follow some of you down that yellow brick road, but we all know how that story goes. You can play the wicked witch all you want, but I know it's going to take more than just clicking my heels three times to make a hit song.

You are going to need at least one DAW if you want your song on any of the on-line music services.

In this case it's like you can use all of the help you can get, and just like with Dorothy it's also the more the merrier!
imho that is. :hihi:

Edit: I'm just saying that some of you think that some magical road to a hit song is paved with one super DAW ... I bet it happens to also look like a broom.

Get out of here with that mumbo jumbo! lol

Edit: I'm not saying that it can't be done, and I recently demoed a super DAW, so I do understand what can be done.
I'd like to definitely give a shot out to all of the developers that keep pushing the envelope in music creation software.

I only use one. I don't know that you really need more than one DAW, but I've found that I'm a little curious how Ableton (the DAW I use) lines up with other DAWs like Fruity Loops or Pro Tools (that's a DAW too, right?).

That's why i usually activate the Ableton Lite versions that came with my hardware.

... just to see that, nah... it's not really for me. :)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”