[PreSonus Studio One] Music | Design | Film | VFX Production Resource

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I hope JRShop comes back with the upgrade.

I want to buy it for that discounted rate lol.

rodanmusic wrote:I hope JRShop comes back with the upgrade.

Audiodeluxe has it up with additional discount in the cart, if you're really itchy.

I just upgraded for $126.99 at audiodeluxe.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jsp1979 wrote:
rodanmusic wrote:I hope JRShop comes back with the upgrade.

Audiodeluxe has it up with additional discount in the cart, if you're really itchy.
Awesome! Thank you!

Let them all have it I say, I have no problem with others getting it for the same price as I do even though I payed more for my Professional copy then they may have for their Producer version, or whatever.

Let them eat Cake I say (as long as it's not Cakewalk, that'll make them sick)
Say NO to CLAP!

Heh, Props has been awesome 'to me', I just waited for my demo to run out and saved $45 from them
with Reason 10 (literally). :D

Just got their newsletter. Awesome stuff. Merging projects is HUGE! I love studio one and presonus seem like the best group of daw developers. I hope a lot of people support them as a company first to keep them going strong Wouldn't want to see Studio One in the same boat as Orion. In hindsight, I'd have gladly upgraded every chance I got, without looking, If I'd have known it would prolong Orion :neutral: ...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

garryknight wrote:The Chord Track does more than just track the chords you're using. You can globally change the chord in a section and all of the MIDI parts and all of the audio parts will change to that chord. It's a powerful way of playing with chord sequences. No need to go in and transpose everything your MIDI events.
Thanks for the heads up Gary.. although the video you linked to was about the new Sample One XT and not the Chord Track :D.. (But it was useful just to see the comparisons between the concept I had created last year and made public and Sample One XT we now have.) (Seems to have switched to chord track video.. now that's weird)

For me though, an in the essence of the way in which I create music, I don't like chord aids... I feel they dumb-afy my music. I'd rather do the hard work of composing myself manually. That's the joy I get from making music in the first place, programming stuff manually. Selecting notes and transposing to a different key I'm ok with though.

I take it that Studio One still has that god awful Tempo Track, which still doesn't have vector point control and other things I mentioned on page one of this thread...? Did they happen to miss this in the release notes if it has been addressed, or am I hoping for miracles here lol ?

The old Sample One instrument that's currently in version 1.0 to 3.5, was pretty terrible, so I'm pleased to see it get an overhaul as it has.... perhaps I got their attention... last year.. :D

I don't have the demo of Studio One 4.0 atm...to take some proper screen grabs of Sample One XT, but I thought I'd post this comparison image. There are some critical things they didn't do and things they have adapted... such as sampling from any audio, X-Fading, slicing, normalising ect...

Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Wed May 23, 2018 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

bronxsound wrote:Excuse me being lazy to read the whole thread but does midi side of S1 still suck? I mean sequencing hardware instruments.
I sequence all of my HW-Synths using Studio One Pro 3.5 and plan to upgrade to S1Pro4 to do the same. I have no issues sequencing HW-Synth using Studio One, what's the problem ? why do you think it sucks ?

Might be worth the upgrade, but it feels a lot of the same as what other DAWs already have - which, to be fair to Personus, was necessary. But if you have other DAWs, I doubt this release is going to make you want to switch. Disappointed to not see more UI improvements and refinements, though the additional color flexibility is nice. No articulation control for orchestral instruments sadly.

Doubt this will convert many Pro Tool users - AVID has been releasing some solid upgrades recently. I have Ableton, PT, Logic, and S1 along with Maschine. S1 gets almost no use these days - was wondering if v4 would change that, but seems unlikely.

Time+Space give a 25 pounds voucher with purchase. If you intend to use it, it is cheaper overall to get it there.

aMUSEd wrote: OK that's just spin. Overall it means Pro 3 owners have paid more and are losing out.
Yeah, it's a pretty shitty deal for those who upgraded from producer 2 to 3 already.
Most sensible people will happily watch the fanbois upgrade, do the public beta testing for us, wait for the bug fixes and then snap up the discounts when they happen.

My god. If he posts that image mockup one more time (which will be about 1000 times) I'm going to puke. :hihi:

On the upgrade topic, you get what you pay for imo. People who have had Pro over the last year or whatever paid for and had access to additional features that others didn't have for that entire time period.

LawrenceF wrote:My god. If he posts that image mockup one more time (which will be about 1000 times) I'm going to puke. :hihi:
Yep, what an ego wank :roll:

While many have focused on the shiny stuff, I've been looking around under the hood and have discovered a few nice nuggets like the audio routing is much better in v4. You can now route audio tracks to other audio tracks directly and you can also record from any output, including the master bus.

I also like Import Song Data. It's very easy to use it for track templates if you configure it a certain way, something that's long overdue. Patterns are also pretty cool because they work like recorded takes, are directly switchable on the timeline. Not a really huge update but a nice step forward overall.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”