bugs n' fixes

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i hope he can help cause mousewheel-support for all hosts would be ace! :)

btw.: my first try was not working coz posihfopit wasn't the active window. ;)

Ohm,

I sent you an email at support (at) liveslice (dot) dk nearly 5 hours ago :o
I have had no 'errors' on sending the mail but it seems that you still haven't received my mail, right ?
Anyway, I have just sent you another mail :wink:

R.A.W, I don't think it might be an interaction to a tool running in the background on my comp as I did all my tests on a freshly formatted and reinstalled PC (with all XP optimizations for a dedicated music-station-PC : no internet, network etc.)

May be it is a sort of conflict with the graphic drivers or whatever ? :?

Gil.

GilJ wrote:R.A.W, I don't think it might be an interaction to a tool running in the background on my comp as I did all my tests on a freshly formatted and reinstalled PC (with all XP optimizations for a dedicated music-station-PC : no internet, network etc.)
well, it was a wild guess ;) - my system is not that fresh (xp pro sp1, not all latest patches, but no internet, many services deactivated etc.) but i had no issues like you described. i'll have an eye on it though. :)

I break all DAW rules on my laptop - runs internet, virus scanning, email, the works - I never have problems - makes it tough to debug this.
Finally GilJ's email got through (lost in a spamfilter), so hopefully we'll narrow it down soon.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Good news from my side. No crashes after about 30 mis of testing various things on the final demo versio. Preview works too. If I notice anything strange I 'll let you know ohm. (Talking about T1.6 here)
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Hi everybody,

I'm back after having spent more than 4 hours of intensive tests with LiveSlice Demo v1.04 (and also the Debug version for Jacob)
Believe me or not, it crashed only 1 time :!: during these 4 hours (unfortunately Jacob, it was with the classic Demo version, so no LOG files were generated :cry: )

Whereas i have found some strange behaviors (mainly GUI issues, not audio ones) Don't know if anyone has already experienced this here ? :

1st display bug:
1- Lauch a new instance of LiveSlice
2- Click on 'settings' button, set 'Number of visible tracks' to 3
3- Click on 'settings' to return to the main window
4- Load demobank.fxb
5- Select C1 Arrangement (it should display 2 tracks in the Arranger)
6- Select any other empty Arrangement
:?: The 2nd track (I.E. the hi-hats track) of the C1 Arrangement is still displayed in the empty Arrangement

2nd display bug:
2- Click on 'settings' button, set 'Number of visible tracks' to 2
3- Click on 'settings' to return to the main window
4- Select C1 Arrangement (it should display 1 track in the Arranger)
5- Click 'Add track'
6- Click on the 's'button of the second track
7- Select an empty Arrangement
8- Click 'Add track' to add a second empty track
:?: The new track is created with the 's' button enabled ? (although the track is not actually in solo mode !)

I'll carry on with more tests and keep you informed :wink:

Cheers,
Gil.

thank you for doing this. I've reproduced both bugs here. The second one should be an easy fix. The first one though is interesting - I've suspected bank loading to be a problem, now this problem occurs only when loading a bank. It could very well be the reason for the crashes. I'll look into it right away.

Works perfect in Sonar5

Works perfect in Sonar5
good to know - I don't think anyone on the beta team uses Sonar :)

I'm confident now that the crashes has to do with loading fxb's. Some settings are loaded but not applied (like the number of visible tracks).

GilJ's 2 BRs:
First BR above - cannot confirm, works OK here (host energyXT)
Second BR above - confirmed
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:GilJ's 2 BRs:
First BR above - cannot confirm, works OK here (host energyXT)
Second BR above - confirmed
both confirmed here using the eXT-demo with the latest LS-demo and full (though the demobank loaded without samples, but i could see the envs ;)). i believe it's a minor redraw-bug which will be fixed fast afaik ohm. :)

[edit]rephrased one sentence so i don't sound like a smart-ass ;)[/edit]

Hmm . . must have done something wrong before . . . both BRs confirmed here
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I had a crash yesterday within XT, but I don't remember the version. I'll test it again tonight with the last beta, XT and Sonar Home Studio (I'm "regular" owner of it...). I had the crash trying to use odd number of beats.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Hi all,
I have just found a nasty bug in LiveSlice :(
(But I'm not really sure that other 'fans' of LiveSlice here will be able to reproduce it...):

You need to move/delete the LiveSlice.ini file created in your LiveSlice.dll folder (in case you modified your settings) before doing this test.

Number of Stereo Outputs bug:
2- Click on 'settings' button, increase the 'Number of Stereo Outputs' from 4 (default value) to 8
:!: LiveSlice crashes nearly each time I do this on my PC

As always, I'll be carrying on with more tests and keep you informed :wink:

Gil.

Thanks for the info everyone, all reported bugs have been fixed now. There'll be an update very soon, I just need to polish the new zoom and pan functionality of the slicer. If you have experienced crashes you can get a beta preview of the new liveslice 1.1 demo by emailing me on jacob at livelab dot dk - I'm working hard to make this next update 100% stable on all PC's.

- Jacob

Return to “Livelab.dk”