FR: Quickly load multiple files onto seperate tracks

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Right now, for me to load a file, i have to select a file onto an empty slot in the loop menu, add a track, and click "Lock to Loop". I know you mentioned elsewhere that you may have it so that a file will automatically load into an empty slot within the loop menu. This would be a nice feature.

Would it be possible to have a feature that allows multiple files to automatically load onto their own tracks within an arrangement ?
Reason being, i make loop arrangments within EXT and render each track within an arrangement as a seperate file (Kick, Snare, Hi-Hat, Synth etc.). For me to load an arrangment into Liveslice is a bit tedious as i have to load each rendered part onto it's own track. This hinders a live performance needless to say.

One possible method could be the ablility to load multiple files onto empty slots by holding the Shift key while selecting. This would place each selected file onto an empty slot in the loop menu. From here, have an option to load all loops in the loop menu onto seperate tracks within an arrangement. Maybe a "send loops to tracks" button on the right corner of the slicer window?
Give me freedom or give me television

Good ideas there.

I'll definately add CTRL / SHIFT to select multiple files in the browser

The "send loops to tracks" button should probably be above the loops list. I was contemplating having a toolbar there with a delete button anyways. Then you can CTRL / SHIFT select loops there and have them arranged automatically.

It won't be tomorrow, but it won't be forgotten either.

Btw. I'm thinking about including fxb's in the file browser, then you could save your arrangements as fxb's for fast import in a live situation - that would do the job too right?
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote: Btw. I'm thinking about including fxb's in the file browser, then you could save your arrangements as fxb's for fast import in a live situation - that would do the job too right?
Absolutely!! I may be pushing it a bit but how cool would it be to be able to scan through FXBs in realtime? Like Reason's NNXT sampler and Redrum. You have a selected folder where FXBs are saved and now you can quickly scan between banks like presets for effects. That request would be a nice feature but i would be content just having the ability to save/load banks.
I'm looking forward in having the ability to quickly load arrangements (multiple files) as well.
By the way, you're right, it makes more sense to put the "send loops to tracks" button above the loops list.

i would be content just having the ability to save/load banks.
most hosts support saving and loading banks.
When liveslice saves a bank you can even choose to embed the audio in the .fxb (settings -> include loops in songs and banks) - edit: you still have to use the host to trigger the save / load
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Oh wait a minute......completely went over my head with the FXBs in the file browser :oops:

I get it now, you mean one can already save arrangements as .fxbs within whatever host and LiveSlice can save the files self contained? Meaning, if my buddy has LiveSlice in his computer, i can give him my .fxbs and all the pertinent .wav files will be inclusive?
And what you want to implement is the ability to load these banks directly from the file browser???? Hey.... that fookin kicks arse!!!!!!!

I'm sold :D

Former Pharaoh wrote:...i can give him my .fxbs and all the pertinent .wav files will be inclusive?
exactly, you only have to go to the settings-dialog and check the box labeled "save audio data in songs and banks". ;)
Former Pharaoh wrote:And what you want to implement is the ability to load these banks directly from the file browser???? Hey.... that fookin kicks arse!!!!!!!

I'm sold :D
that's how i understood jacob and it really would be great for live usage again.. every important function directly available in one view. :)

:hyper: It would REALLY be great for live usage!!!!

Return to “Livelab.dk”