B4 purchase questions

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. I use ableton and energyXT, I've seen a few threads mentioning problems. Are they now compatible?

2. I hate piracy, especially when dealing with apps that don't cost hardly anything. I usually only buy obscure stufft that I know will never be cracked. Question is: Is there any benefits that reg users can have that crackers will never have?

P.S. I love how eXT releases tons of betas so that those using the cracked software are behind, and b/c of this cannot ask questions ect.

P.S.S. - this software owns, I look forward to my reassurance.

If you mean Native Instruments B4, please check out the new Nubi/Tonewheels organ. Try it with Ziokillers leslie. It is probably better than B4.

About compability. I dont have EneryXT, so I dont know.

I'm quite sure this is AOL speak B4=before. But anyhow I ddn't really understand the point of the post. Maybe he could be a tad clearer?
A guy with serious GAS and lots of unused VSTs. But if I someday need them...

whoa, yes I was meaning B4=before. But come on, AOL, ouch I have feeling too you know. I guess I just want to know that the stuff I buy isn't going to cracked. I think that's pretty clear.

It probably wont be cracked. The developer is a one man show from what I can tell, and one-manners are rarely targetted by crackers.

Don't you understand that crackers mostly only crack software that is:

a: Made by GIANT corporations
b: Costs the Earth even though it could do just as well financially if it didn't
c: Made by utter assbandits.

Ohm doesn't fit any of those.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I totally understand. The only "popular" software I own is ableton (well jamstix too, but that is a one man show)

Andrew - you just have to understand how indecisive I am, you're responce is taken as an excuse for myself. Thanks for your reply.

VeXKoN wrote:1. I use ableton and energyXT, I've seen a few threads mentioning problems. Are they now compatible?
as ohm uses eXT himself there never was a compatibility issue afaik. also the live problem only occured in one version and was fixed very fast. but why don't you just demo and find out if it causes any problems on your system? ;)
VeXKoN wrote:2. I hate piracy, especially when dealing with apps that don't cost hardly anything. I usually only buy obscure stufft that I know will never be cracked. Question is: Is there any benefits that reg users can have that crackers will never have?
besides the fact that i don't think that liveslice is "obscure", i don't know why that has anything to do if you purchase or not. ;)
regged users get a good support here in the forum and every new version comes directly to the inbox. and on top they got no guilty conscience.. ;)
VeXKoN wrote:P.S.S. - this software owns, I look forward to my reassurance.
see above ;) - why does it matter anyway? if you like it, just buy it. :)
VeXKoN wrote:you just have to understand how indecisive I am
well, as mentioned above, just try the demo and take your time finding out if you like it. :)
http://www.livelab.dk/downloads.php

VeXKoN: I always give bugs the highest priority. The instability issues of the initial release have been dealt with in the previous update. The only known issue is a small graphics problem with some old radeon drivers - a problem I'm looking into right now.
Is there any benefits that reg users can have that crackers will never have?
I have a sound designer working on some loop packs / presets that will be available for registered users only. You are right: it's always good to have these little encitements to actually buy it.
But as has already been said: I don't fear crackers - there is no prestige in cracking software in this price range, and I don't use any challenging copy protection - so no toys for the cracker kids in this one :)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

VeXKoN wrote:2. I hate piracy, especially when dealing with apps that don't cost hardly anything. I usually only buy obscure stufft that I know will never be cracked. Question is: Is there any benefits that reg users can have that crackers will never have?
the satisfaction of having done the right thing?
5 twelve

I get worried about people who harp on about the "right" thing. Anyway, I'm happy to support livelab, and I've done my paypal and had a little bash on it. Money well spent :)

There's always a good reason for buying from new and smaller developers. They offer discounts, extra incentives, impliment new ideas and sort out bugs quickly. It's interesting how the larger devs and more expensive software offer less and less incentives. Perhaps greed gets the better of them and that's when the crackers strike.

The demo allows anyone to fully test Liveslice so I don't think there's any reason for using a crack if one exists. And it's marketed at a reasonable price. I think this is very wise because the more customers Liveslice attracts the more chance the company has to survive.

Return to “Livelab.dk”