Quick question

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey ohm,

What great timing. I was actually looking for a loop slicing tool recently that met all my requirements, and out of nowhere you come out with LS. It fits all my needs like a glove :) Not to mention it being ridiculously easy to use.

I was just wondering what the update scheme is like with liveslice. Will I (or we, I should say) be getting updates to v2, 3, etc. for free?

Anyhow, I'll be buying this sometime soon. I'll probably pick it up after the 20th though... I'm so impressed with it that I actually want to pay normal price for it :)

I'm so impressed with it that I actually want to pay normal price for it
then don't you think you'll be so impressed with the updates that you might be willing to pay a small update fee some time in the future?
I promise my pricing will always be very reasonable, but I want liveslice to evolve. I have plans for stuff like rx2 import and slice / midi export, multiband transient detection in autoslicer - stuff that will really kick the asses of the competitors. When I get to all this there will be a small update fee / price raise. Probably 15-20 bucks or so.
I'm not in this for the money, but I need to make at least a symbolic amount to justify the hours I spend.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

I'm very happy to pay for upgrades for this - it's fantastic!

I don't think lune was saying that he wants his updates to be free by the way. I think he was just asking so that he knew what to expect.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

I don't think lune was saying that he wants his updates to be free
I know. I just hate sounding like an ol' capitalist, that's why I wrapped my sentences in excuses :-)
What's the cool way of handling update fees though? What WilliamK did with Wusikstation felt a bit weird for example: suddenly he went from v1 to v2 without changing the feature set too much. I'm not implying that the price is not fair - wusikstation is fantastic, just that the leap to v2 seemed a bit drastic. Any opinions?
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

I'm sure people will have PLENTY of opinions. They usually do (including me).

But on this particular topic, I'm not 100% fussed.

The product is really very good, the feature set looks to improve quite significantly. I don't see any real reason to complain on any paid update you ask for.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

Caleb wrote:I'm very happy to pay for upgrades for this - it's fantastic!

I don't think lune was saying that he wants his updates to be free by the way. I think he was just asking so that he knew what to expect.

Caleb
My sentiments exactly. Caleb took the words right out of my mouth :)

Return to “Livelab.dk”