Tablet 2 MIDI - Bugs thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

philipc wrote:I'm just trying to set up the free version of Tablet 2 Midi and it doesn't work very well. F4 and F5 don't do anything which makes it difficult to switch back and forth between transparent and opaque. When running the standalone version when you switch back to opaque all the white areas become black so you can't see anything. Also the standalone version won't save.

When it comes to actually trying to play what you've set up, and this may just be my lack of understanding here, nothing happens. In the plugin version I can save each shape as I make it but the only way I can make anything happen is to click on the saved file, which sends a constant midi note that doesn't shut off until you restart the plugin.

I'm not sure how the tablet is supposed to be configured. I installed the drivers and now it operates just like a mouse. I suppose thats correct, it doesn't say otherwise anywhere else. When the pen isn't near the pad the "wintab driver could not be found - running in mouse mode" message is there. I don't know if this is a problem or not. Maybe i'm just thick but I can't seem to figure any of this stuff out.

I'm not sure if development is still going on with this but nevertheless, i'm running a Macbook 1.83ghz under bootcamp with Windows XP Pro SP2. Host for plugin: Ableton Live. Tablet type: Trust TB-3100.
Are you sure you are using the latest drivers for your tablet? It's not supposed to give that "wintab driver not found" if the tablet is connected. Are you connecting the tablet using a usb hub? if so, make sure it's powered. Some tablets are very unstable when they don't get enough power.

I'll look at the other problems you mentioned (F4, F5 and saving) soon.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote:
philipc wrote:I'm just trying to set up the free version of Tablet 2 Midi and it doesn't work very well. F4 and F5 don't do anything which makes it difficult to switch back and forth between transparent and opaque. When running the standalone version when you switch back to opaque all the white areas become black so you can't see anything. Also the standalone version won't save.

When it comes to actually trying to play what you've set up, and this may just be my lack of understanding here, nothing happens. In the plugin version I can save each shape as I make it but the only way I can make anything happen is to click on the saved file, which sends a constant midi note that doesn't shut off until you restart the plugin.

I'm not sure how the tablet is supposed to be configured. I installed the drivers and now it operates just like a mouse. I suppose thats correct, it doesn't say otherwise anywhere else. When the pen isn't near the pad the "wintab driver could not be found - running in mouse mode" message is there. I don't know if this is a problem or not. Maybe i'm just thick but I can't seem to figure any of this stuff out.

I'm not sure if development is still going on with this but nevertheless, i'm running a Macbook 1.83ghz under bootcamp with Windows XP Pro SP2. Host for plugin: Ableton Live. Tablet type: Trust TB-3100.
Are you sure you are using the latest drivers for your tablet? It's not supposed to give that "wintab driver not found" if the tablet is connected. Are you connecting the tablet using a usb hub? if so, make sure it's powered. Some tablets are very unstable when they don't get enough power.

I'll look at the other problems you mentioned (F4, F5 and saving) soon.
Yes its plugged into an unpowered hub but I can power it, I just havn't plugged it in. I will try that and update the drivers if I can and report back. Thanks for your help!

I've just got the demo version working all cool in standalone mode running into Ableton.
Then wanted to print my 2-controller setup and it basically printed a whole solid page of black. Apart from kaning my ink do you know why this is? Is it a further limitation of the demo mode?

UPDATE: I think that by pressing caps lock I got it to stop printing all black (I checked it on print preview this time) but now it's completely blank instead.

I've been wanting to get this working for ages and now I've borrowed a working graphics tablet I'm keen to test it out - before I buy the full version. If this checks out, I'll buy it pronto!

Cheers for any help,
Nick

ronin wrote:I've just got the demo version working all cool in standalone mode running into Ableton.
Then wanted to print my 2-controller setup and it basically printed a whole solid page of black. Apart from kaning my ink do you know why this is? Is it a further limitation of the demo mode?

UPDATE: I think that by pressing caps lock I got it to stop printing all black (I checked it on print preview this time) but now it's completely blank instead.

I've been wanting to get this working for ages and now I've borrowed a working graphics tablet I'm keen to test it out - before I buy the full version. If this checks out, I'll buy it pronto!

Cheers for any help,
Nick
are you on xp or vista? There are some more issues with printing, so I'll look into this soon. ETA 14 days or so, I'm pretty hung up at the moment unfortunately.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

XP Professional SP2 is what I was using. I'm assuming it's not just a demo thing then. I will eagerly await your further response as apart from this snag, I got it working great.

Thanks,
Nick Ronin
ohm wrote:
ronin wrote:I've just got the demo version working all cool in standalone mode running into Ableton.

Cheers for any help,
Nick
are you on xp or vista? There are some more issues with printing, so I'll look into this soon. ETA 14 days or so, I'm pretty hung up at the moment unfortunately.

Is this still in development? Any estimated release date of version 1?

Yes? No? Yes? No? Yes? Ok.... No?

Hello,

I got the touchpad2midi application to send midi data to ableton live. I open it with savihost, route midi to midiox, and the midi light goes on when I move the touchpad.

I midi map the controller to two seperate parameters on a live device (tried autofilter and grain delay). For both devices the parameters move, but oddly and bounce back to zero when no finger is on the pad.

Is there any way to specify options for how the pad behaves or to correct its odd movement?

Thanks!!!

Hi,

I have load the demo and at one point the standalone has flashed and I get eveytime lines in the workspace. I have window XP pro and the latest update. I work with a wacom UD 0608 R and UD 1216 RE.

Thank you.

Return to “Livelab.dk”