Tablet 2 MIDI - Bugs thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

acousmod wrote:Hi,

In the XY Pad, the X corresponds to the vertical axis and Y to the horizontal.

For me, in surround panners, Joysticks, and in other softwares that I use (Bidule...) it is the contrary...

Is this on purpose or a mistake, or is it me ?
sounds like a simple mistake - I did intend x to be the horizontal axis :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

lung wrote:Rotate, Tangent, Z-pos are not sending any output on my Intuos 1. I just tried MIDITab as well, and I don't get any output from those 3 parameters on my tablet. Maybe the Intuos 1 doesn't support orientation? I thought it did. I'll have to look into this further.. !
I looked at this page, and I think that the Intuos pen doesn't support Orientation (pitch, roll, yaw), but the 4D Mouse does.. as far as I can tell. Anyone else have insight into this? Thx This page has more info.

For the tilt problem of only getting a range of 31-127, is it possible to build range/scale functionality, so we could use that range as 0-127? Thx

lung wrote:Hi,
Tilt works, but I can only get values from 31-127, & when the pen is vertical, the values fluctuate from 121-127, so it's difficult to get a solid output.
I've got an Intuos 1 as well, but I get a solid 127 when the pen is vertical.

I also can't get values below 35-38, but this is because the pen looses contact with the tablet. The pen is too thick to keep contact with the tip or the eraser all the way to a horizontal position.

I just played around with a second pen on my Medion (same as Aiptek / Thrust / Adesso) tablet and I'm sorry to report that there is no support for dual tracking - the cursor just freaks out and the tablet is completely unaware that the pens are different, only a bit confused that the pen is at two places at the same time :-(

Wacom intuos tablets support two pens at once - supporting it is unnecesarily complicated, but at some point I'll get to it (probably when I sell a couple of Tablet2Midi licences and can afford myself an intuos 3)

Keeping stylus control when setting the focus to another window does not work here.

Eska wrote:Keeping stylus control when setting the focus to another window does not work here.
What tablet? Do you have the latest drivers installed?

Wacom Graphire 3, Driver 4.94-3a,W2k. To make clear: I can minimize the window by doubleclick, but when clicking, for example, at the energyXT window, to edit and play at the same time like I do with miditab, the tablet takes the cursor control .

thanks, there might be a problem with the Wacom "special" context handling - they have a "feature" to disable part of the standard and steal back tablet control when the app loses focus. Wacom gave me a fix for this, but perhaps it doesn't work with the Graphire series? Perhaps you have applications running that try to steal tablet control?
I've added the "tablet context wrestling trick" courtesy of rusell boregrove :-) that should take care of the problem, although it is kind of a hack.

Please re-download and check it says version 0.742 in the title, then run it, and email me the log file (generated in the same dir as the exe), thanks.

I was having the same problem with my Intuos1. The second-last beta had the same problem where the tablet would take-over the mouse pointer when I click the mouse to focus another window (using the latest drivers). The newest beta works great though! Thanks!
o ya.. log file:
Tablet Capabilities:
x axis
y axis
z axis
pen pressure
tangent pressure
angle, tilt and rotation

Tablet driver initialized
Edit:
Some parameters are not outputting any data.. I have to check when I get home from work which ones they were. edit: Tilt & Angle work. Rotate, Tangent, Z-Pos do not work.
Last edited by lung on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Same here.The "tablet context wrestling trick" does the trick. And the same log file, so " angle, tilt and rotation" is wrong on a Graphire3.

Eska wrote:Same here.The "tablet context wrestling trick" does the trick. And the same log file, so " angle, tilt and rotation" is wrong on a Graphire3.
Graphire does not support angle tilt and rotation - does the log file say it does?

ohm wrote:
Eska wrote:Same here.The "tablet context wrestling trick" does the trick. And the same log file, so " angle, tilt and rotation" is wrong on a Graphire3.
Graphire does not support angle tilt and rotation - does the log file say it does?
Yes. I would like to believe the log file, but the truth is written at the back of my tablet.

It's a driver problem then - the Wacom wintab driver gives incorrect information. I can probably ask the driver if the tablet is an intuos or a graphire - but then there's a problem if Graphire 4 or 5 will support tilt stuff.
Fascinating how the driver for my crappy Medion tablet works perfectly, reports exactly what the tablet can do (or can't do) and never tries to steal back control of the tablet - I mean Wacom are supposed to be the kings of tablet right?
Anyways: I'm getting an Intuos 3 soon, that should mean better Wacom support - at least for intuos tablets.

Lung: you say it's a puck thing - did you mean pen - only the pens are supposed to output tilt and rotation - and perhaps some older pens don't. You can always verify in a drawing program - if your brushes change when you tilt / rotate the pen it works, and I have work to do :-)

ohm wrote:Lung: you say it's a puck thing - did you mean pen - only the pens are supposed to output tilt and rotation - and perhaps some older pens don't. You can always verify in a drawing program - if your brushes change when you tilt / rotate the pen it works, and I have work to do :-)
Tilt & Angle work. Rotate, Tangent, Z-Pos do not on my Intuos 1 .. beta 0.810. They have not worked in any beta though.
Last edited by lung on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I just downloaded 0.800, and when creating a slider, the type defaults to 'off' on all parameters. I like this, except that if I try to change the type, the program instantly crashes.. empty log file.

Return to “Livelab.dk”