Tablet 2 MIDI - Feature requests

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was wondering about whether I could use the touchscreen of my Windows Mobile based PDA as a controller? - that would be cool.

There is DSMIDIWiFi.
Wireless touchscreen MIDI controller on Nintendo DS. OSC would be nice

DSMIDIWifi consists of

* libmidiwifi
An open source library for DS homebrew development that makes it easy to write DS software that acts as a MIDI controller.

* DSMIDIWiFi Server
An application that runs on the computer and forwards the MIDI messages received via Wifi to MIDI applications. The DSMIDIWiFi server is open source and is available for Windows.

There's a bit of a discussion over at this thread about these kinds of ideas.. I'll post over at that thread (as of now, there is discussion of touch screen overlays for monitors.. now the price is $200USD for 17", $300 for 19" .. not bad). Lots of potential there.

aMUSEd wrote:I was wondering about whether I could use the touchscreen of my Windows Mobile based PDA as a controller? - that would be cool.
Actually this is addressed over at this posting at 'Create Digital Music'. Actually, they mention Tablet 2 Midi as well, so the word is getting around.

This was suggested, running Palm AxisPad on Windows Mobile, using Palm Emulator StyleTap. Don't know of native ones atm.

Holy ffff - check this out!!

http://www.ableton.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 95&start=0

designed to control Live with a PDA but could work for other midi apps too.

Does this look amazing or what? :)

I think that touchscreen is really the next step when tablet and mousepad is done. Using one of these http://www.touchscreens.com/products-addon.html lowers the price threshold. The direct graphical feedback would be great and using your fingers instead of a pen is also more direct - and it's big enough for drum matrix kind of sequencing.

Only if you could tap into the drivers to make it multi-though and maybe surface area size sensing for semi-preasure control then this would be controller heaven!

My suggestions, maybe they are allready posted, but I didn't read all pages :)

-> multiple instances at once: I have 2 19" touchscreens, and I would like to have 2 instances open, one on each screen

-> tabs / layers / pages / subscreens ?: for example I create some button on the top of my screen and with each button I can call up a different set of controls.

Like, I have 16 instruments, I put 16 "tab" buttons on the top of my screen. For each instrument I create a set of buttons and when I press one of the "tab" buttons on top the set of keys that is assigned to the "tab" button is shown.

Hey guys!

Im very new to Tablet2Midi and very excited by such a wonderful app... My congratulations to Jacob :tu:

A smal but perhaps impossibe FB based on the wish of being able to name controllers - graphic overlays for the controllers... like in the mixer of FLStudio where you can give a track an icon.

The reason I was thinking of this was using a drum matrix overay for something like Battery... having each cell with its graphic would be sweet!

Just a thought on a kick-ass app!

Dave

Is it supposed to work with a Genius wizardpen (or what) tablet? as soon as i load the aplication the tablet stops to work

hello,
i little fr, record mouse movements (in the right click controllers), and play the recordings as loops.

Dear Ohm,

i'm absolutely overwhelmed by the multi-touch technology of Jazzmutant's "Lemur" controller, but it's a hell too expensive (i heard about 7 grants!)...

may it be possible to be able to use tablet2midi with a multi-touch interface in form of a tablet or maybe a touchscreen add-on for laptops, in future??

that would be a dream to me!
total simultanious control over a maximum number of knobs in realtime live on stage! HUGE!!!

it strikes me it would be bloody useful to be able to put a button grid in. i.e. could drag out 4x6 2x8 or whatever so if you switch one it is the only lit up value. then you could do cool stuff like draw 16 parallel 1x8 grids for a step sequencer, or simulate ableton columns.

Couldn't find an answer to this using search, so here it goes:

It would be awesome if Tablet2Midi could harness the tablet buttons, touch strips (2 present on larger tablets), and maybe even the scrollwheel from the mouse or airbrush on the Wacom Intuos3. I couldn't find anything in the documentation about this, so I have to assume that the program only takes in position, tilt, and pressure from tablets at present.

sorry if these ideas are already mentioned on this forum; didn't have time to read through 9 pages of posts. here goes...

it would be awesome to be able to import vector shapes from say illustrator(.eps, .ai?)... or at least be able to draw simple bezier vector shapes for the freehand object...

also if you could import a raster rgb image then have the different rgb values of that image spit out different cc's(r=one cc, g=one cc, etc. the light and dark values determine the low high vaule)...(sorry i took this idea from the other free tablet midi program out there)

it would be cool if you could have tabs at the top of the program... each tab having a different layout configuration... the tabs could be switched via keyboard, external midi signal (say assign a tab to be switch on the press of a keyboard key) or just click with the pen/mouse. of course switching print outs to accommodate would be tricky...

also it would be beyond amazing if you could create say an lfo object - like an xy pad that sends 'animated' midi signals - the xy could control amplitude and frequency. as well there could be little boxes above the xy that you could press on letting you pick the wave form type - sine, square, random, saw, user drawable (maybe with a smoothing feature)...

also it would be cool to have an xy object that you could interact with - like press, draw a quick line, then let go to sling a little ball shape that would bounce off the walls of the object (the initial speed of the shape could be determined by the rate at which the user moves their pen to sling the little ball)... the options on this could allow for gravity, friction, etc... it would be rad if this concept could be combined with an imported vector shape or used with the freehand shape utility to get some odd looking spaces that the little ball could move around in... it would be interesting to be able to have several little balls moving around in there at the same time bouncing off of each other... each ball with it's own assignable midi xy output...

it would be cool to have an xy object where you could draw a line in it and a ball shape would follow along the line creating a loop of xy midi output. some options could be a wave type motion along the line(sine, square, etc),reverse, draw straight line, draw bezier curve, set timing of how fast the ball moves along the line(1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 etc.).. it would be cool to have multiple lines as well.. perhaps this idea could be combined with the lfo object mentioned above?

one idea i had that came from the tenori on would be and xy pad that you could create several points in and the points would then light up one at a time/play in a sequential fashion (with options affecting timing, or note out on each point etc)... perhaps this could be combine with the previous idea where each point could have a different wave type of animation from one point to the next... i.e. a square wave would cause a jump, a sign would case an eased movement, a triangle would cause a linear movement... random would cause a slow, fast variated movement...

an xy with an envelop trigger would be interesting. the x could determine attak... the y determin release... not sure how practical the would be but could make for some interesting volume fades, cutoff swells etc. during ambient music..

also a definable step(1-32 steps?) sequencer object that could send midi notes to the beat would be powerful especially if this object was routed to say abletons impulse or sampler... the sequencer could have not only note-out but perhaps send cc/program change signals as well from each step? (with an option to smooth the signals between each step in cc mode?)

and of course if all these could be synced somehow to whatever vst host software... that would pretty much turn this into the super hero of controllers...

btw, sorry for all the blurb and if none of these make any sense... if you do end up getting an itch to try and put one of these in there, let me know as i'd love to help beta test them!

Return to “Livelab.dk”