Problems Using Liveslice in Renoise (newbie questions)

Official support for: livelab.dk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there.
Just using liveslice in renoise and have encountered a few problems, which i am pretty sure are just me being green.

1) Right clicking on individual slices in the slicer dosnt preview them as in the command guide
2) pressing the play button above the arranger dosent play the loop in the slicer in its entirety.

Im assuming the reason for this is simply the way the audio is being routed from liveslice through renoise and i have set it up incorrectly, so if anyone that uses these two programs could they please post some tips on getting them to work togther.

Also, just to clarify, liveslice only lets you play the arrangements via midi note on (hence the midi note in the corner of the arrganement boxs) like ableton live, not indivdual slices like the fruityloops slicer?
Cheers.
Last edited by lionsong on Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One last thing...cant seem to load different loops into the same arrangement by adding aditional tracks...think this is me being super green as im sure i have read in the manual you can load and slice/edit multiple loops into the same arrangemnt...
Thanks again

Bump, cos i know someone out there has all the answers ;)

In case your problem is that you can't load more than one loop:
There's a list of "loop slots" in the top left part of the gui. You need to select an empty one to load your second loop or it will override the first one. Now I know the program should probably automatically select the next empty slot when loading new files.

Once you have different loops in the different slots, select the loop you need and click "lock to loop" on the track you want as destination.

I'm planning to make it possible to simply drag a loop from the file browser, onto a track.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Thanks ohm, thats sorted out my loop loading worries.
Problem is now i cant get any of my midi notes in renoise to trigger slices or arrangements in liveslice! :help::x
Im going to stick my head back into the manual of both liveslice and renoise to try and crack why i cant seem to get midi to liveslice or audio out of it when loaded into renoise, but if there are any tracker users out there that also use liveslice id really appreciate some input.
Thanks again ohm.

Return to “Livelab.dk”