Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Aphex twin uses Liveslice

lionsong
KVRer
 
6 posts since 22 Feb, 2007

Postby lionsong; Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:14 am Aphex twin uses Liveslice

Just read an interview with aphex twin in future music where he says he uses liveslice for his timestretching and chopping requirements, over programs such as ableton live.
Rock on.
User avatar
musikmachine
KVRAF
 
8705 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from Leeds, UK

Postby musikmachine; Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:36 am

lionsong wrote:Just read an interview with aphex twin in future music where he says he uses liveslice for his timestretching and chopping requirements, over programs such as ableton live.
Rock on.


Enough said 8)
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3
Gargoyle
KVRian
 
1206 posts since 24 Jan, 2003, from the hilly bit in Lincs, UK

Postby Gargoyle; Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:54 am

Cool 8)
Image
Mild-mannered web designer by day - tired web designer by night.
User avatar
musikmachine
KVRAF
 
8705 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from Leeds, UK

Postby musikmachine; Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:51 am

Gargoyle wrote:Cool 8)


+1

I'm still not using liveslice fully :x must make amends(sorry ohm :oops: )but no surely aphex twin using it must make you feel better?

:hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3
Vibro Larynx
KVRian
 
549 posts since 14 Jul, 2003, from Germany, Berlin

Postby Vibro Larynx; Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:16 am

Hmm, and he bought a license? :wink:
I think only ohm knows the truth.
snooky wrote: There is no god in the VST world.
wakax
KVRAF
 
1766 posts since 21 Mar, 2002, from Timisoara, Romania

Postby wakax; Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:20 am

we use liveslice too :)
( makunouchi bento )
we actually reccomended it to aphex.
User avatar
musikmachine
KVRAF
 
8705 posts since 2 Oct, 2006, from Leeds, UK

Postby musikmachine; Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:30 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvEZ78NVfo

:hail:

I pay for the license myself :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3
ohm
KVRAF
 
1520 posts since 2 Jul, 2004

Postby ohm; Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:36 am

Vibro Larynx wrote:Hmm, and he bought a license? :wink:
I think only ohm knows the truth.

Honestly he did buy a license like anyone else :-) I found out when a user sent me a scan of the article, I hadn't even noticed the invoice that said "Richard James", but it's there all right.
Think about it: with such a low price tag, why would he bother contacting me and asking for a free license?
I'm just thrilled he likes my product so much he promotes it for free. If you're listening in: Thanks Richard :-)
What thrills me the most though, is that I actually designed LiveSlice with afx' music in mind - His music happens to be the first electronica I really enjoyed (after wasting some years listening to german "acid house"). I still admire how he managed to produce such complex stuff on whatever equipment he had back in those days, I guess that would be atari and samplers, and it warms my achy breaky heart in these cold winter months to think about how I might have made his life a little easier with my coding skills :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life
ohm
KVRAF
 
1520 posts since 2 Jul, 2004

Postby ohm; Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:37 am

wakax wrote:we use liveslice too :)
( makunouchi bento )
we actually reccomended it to aphex.

Great, thanks guys :-)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life
Vibro Larynx
KVRian
 
549 posts since 14 Jul, 2003, from Germany, Berlin

Postby Vibro Larynx; Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:50 am

ohm wrote:
Vibro Larynx wrote:Hmm, and he bought a license? :wink:
I think only ohm knows the truth.

Think about it: with such a low price tag, why would he bother contacting me and asking for a free license?

Don't get me wrong. :wink: I was just thinking about that, cause you never mentioned that AFX bought a license, but you just made yourself clear.
ohm wrote:What thrills me the most though, is that I actually designed LiveSlice with afx' music in mind - His music happens to be the first electronica I really enjoyed (after wasting some years listening to german "acid house"). I still admire how he managed to produce such complex stuff on whatever equipment he had back in those days, I guess that would be atari and samplers, and it warms my achy breaky heart in these cold winter months to think about how I might have made his life a little easier with my coding skills :-)

+1 True. I'm also addicted to AFX somehow. He is still the king.

B.t.w, I bought a license too. :wink:
snooky wrote: There is no god in the VST world.
User avatar
DuX
KVRAF
 
3370 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Underworld

Postby DuX; Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:27 am

He used Atari and loved Casio FZ-1 samplers at the time. He also made some home-made custom synths.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
pavvel
KVRian
 
763 posts since 26 Feb, 2004, from UK

Postby pavvel; Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:05 am

musikmachine wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULvEZ78NVfo


:shock: :shock: :shock:

I love him :love: :hihi: :cry:
pavvel
KVRian
 
763 posts since 26 Feb, 2004, from UK

Postby pavvel; Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:09 am

PLEASE MAKE LIVE SLICE FOR MAC!!!! :)
BASSMUSIQUE Sample Packs for Producers
a.cla.dio
KVRist
 
166 posts since 9 Jun, 2005, from Turin, Italy

Postby a.cla.dio; Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 am

Pawel wrote:PLEASE MAKE LIVE SLICE FOR MAC!!!! :)

+1
ohm
KVRAF
 
1520 posts since 2 Jul, 2004

Postby ohm; Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:41 am

Pawel wrote:PLEASE MAKE LIVE SLICE FOR MAC!!!! :)

I am
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life
Next

Moderator: ohm

Return to Livelab.dk