LiveSlice 1.47 beta thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry I gotta break it to you, but something ain't right about LiveSlice RC5, I'm getting clicks in sample playback. Upon editing the positions of the slice markers and watching the "lock to loop" visual aid, I swear those slice markers are "in reality" a few milliseconds forward than they appear to be.

A second clue, right clicking to audition the FIRST slice in the sequencer (bottom half of LiveSlice) does not cause a click. Hitting play causes the FIRST slice to click.

Hmmm...just tried the latest beta and it is working a lot better than the last few betas. A bit smoother.
I'm getting clicks in sample playback.
I get this a lot as well and what i do is adjust the slice parameter to a lower setting (say like 8 slices)and that seems to solve the issue (in some cases).
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

Former Pharaoh wrote:Hmmm...just tried the latest beta and it is working a lot better than the last few betas. A bit smoother.
I'm getting clicks in sample playback.
I get this a lot as well and what i do is adjust the slice parameter to a lower setting (say like 8 slices)and that seems to solve the issue (in some cases).
I made some adjustments to the thread handling to give the audio thread priority edit: just tested the new build on the old centrino laptop, with asio4all at 256 buffer size - no clicks. What hosts / drivers gives you clicks?

If you are using Reaper, I just fixed some strange behavior, where some parameter changes would result in the whole liveslice bank being saved (to memory) and this would use quite a lot of CPU and thus cause clicks.

Those of you with clicks: wait for the next update, then if you get clicks, please watch the cpu meter in the windows process explorer (CTRL+SHIFT+ESCAPE).
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

B147 rc5
- I like the softer waveform colours :)

BR 112 - Deleting an event gets the others to step sideways
[b147 rc5]
- when I delete an event in an Arranger track, sometimes the succeeding events jump to the left then go back to their previous positions

BR 113 - Repositioning to middle in Loops section
[b147 rc5]
- when I select a loop slot, that slot jumps to the middle of the loops section
- I'm not too sure I like this
- if, for example, you click a loaded loop to select and display it in the Slicer, then right-click it to audition it, it may well have moved up/down away from your mouse cursor

BR 114 - Partial Refresh of Settings page
[b147 rc5]
If the LS main window is partially beneath another window and you click [Settings], only the concealed part of the LS window is refreshed correctly

ohm wrote:about #11: the idea with the right click on values is to toggle between the most common values. [beats] have 32 possible values - that's a lot of right clicks IMO. I figured most of the time you'd be using loops with 1-4 bars and perhaps then add some beats if the loops is not a full bar... any thoughts?

edit: I fixed the right-click so, if the value is set to 0 and you right click, it's correctly set to 1 ( and not 2 ). Personally I'd like to keep a limited set of values for the right click, but I'm, as always, open to suggestions.
Yep, that makes sense. :tu:

DarkStar wrote:B147 rc5
- I like the softer waveform colours :)
- definitely easier on the eyes, I agree.
DarkStar wrote:
[b147 rc5]
- when I delete an event in an Arranger track, sometimes the succeeding events jump to the left then go back to their previous positions
fixed, and faster screen refresh when deleting too :-)
DarkStar wrote:
[b147 rc5]
- when I select a loop slot, that slot jumps to the middle of the loops section
- I'm not too sure I like this
- if, for example, you click a loaded loop to select and display it in the Slicer, then right-click it to audition it, it may well have moved up/down away from your mouse cursor
- fixed. now it only scrolls when the gui is opened / reopened, as intended.
DarkStar wrote: BR 114 - Partial Refresh of Settings page
[b147 rc5]
If the LS main window is partially beneath another window and you click [Settings], only the concealed part of the LS window is refreshed correctly
- fixed. Just had to force a refresh if the window did not have focus.

new beta out

:)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

[147 rc6] :)

Fixed BRs:
BR 110 - Changing the TimeSig causes playback to use wrong events
BR 109 - Changing the TimeSig sets it to 1 step too high
BR 108 - Changing track lengths did not refresh all the tracks
BR 106 - Slicer Tempo was not updated when I selected a loop in the Loops section

Withdrawn BRs:
BR 111 - Can only cycle [bars] through 1 to 4 - the current implementation is sensible
BR 097 - prompt for missing .wav file (for an .RX2 loop) - not seen recently
BR 087 - A Reversed Event has some initial graphics glitch - not seen recently

BR Update
BR 107 - Transparency and dividers disappear
These disappear when the host tempo is significantly higher than the loop tempo; for example:
Host 97; loop 73
Host 164, loop 120

hej. mitt namn är per åke qvick, lund, sverige. jag köpte liveslice för ungefär ett år sedan och den fungerar fint. nu byter jag dock epostadress och med tanke på framtida uppdateringar av liveslice så får Du den här:

gamla adressen: per.qvick@glocalnet.net

nya adressen: info@baeka.com

Tack och hej från p.a qvick aka baeka.

ohm wrote:Beta 2 is out

here's the list of new features:

REX support
Resizable file browser
Enhanced multiprocessor support and thread safety
More midi automation options: slicing and recording can now be controlled by midi (for example: hit a midi-key to record, use mod-wheel to auto slice the recording)
Time signature support, durations in bars + beats in both slicer and arranger.
FR 019 - Refresh after Ctrl+V an Event - now stays on the destination track
FR 018 - Refresh after Adding a Track - now displays the new track
FR 053 - Overlapping slices in RX2 files
FR 054 - Refresh track selection after Deleting a Track
FR 055 - Refresh track selection after Re-opening LS

Fixes:
"Lock to loop" setting is now correctly recalled when opening projects
BR 092 - waveforms no longer remain in Slicer when loop is deleted
BR 096 - changing MIDI config details by mousewheel is not kept
BR 098 - MIDI Playback channels are set 1 too high
fixed "Changing banks, selects another arrangement"

changes:
cleaned up the mouse handling in the sequencer.
Removed the "clear event" feature (there's no need to have empty events in an arrangement)
Middle mouse now deletes events if no parameter is selected, and resets parameters if a parameter is selected
you can reset event parameters by dragging over them with middle mouse button down.

That's about it. Happy testing.

RC6, still getting clicks. Now, since I edited all the slice events after I was hearing clicks, I don't know if THAT click problem is fixed or not.

However, it keeps clicking on the FIRST slice. If you have, for example, set the sequencer to 8 bars (so the loop repeats two times over) the click happenes on the FIRST slice twice. It seems that no matter what you do with the first slice (except adding attack in the sequencer) it will click. Now remember, the first slice DOES NOT click when you audition it, only when it's "playing."

DarkStar wrote: BR Update
BR 107 - Transparency and dividers disappear
These disappear when the host tempo is significantly higher than the loop tempo; for example:
Host 97; loop 73
Host 164, loop 120
Try disabling "show actual duration" - If there's too much of an overlap, the alpha is disabled for speed reasons.

I might remove that "show actual duration" option, it's just that if you have a very long event, and put a short event right after that, it will be cut off so you won't have full WYSIWYG... IYKWIM ZOMG and whatnot.

The GUI performance has definitely improved! I know with Use Alpha disabled, LS has a higher performance speed, but why exactly would I want it activated? I am unsure of what this does.
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

Architeuthis wrote:RC6, still getting clicks. Now, since I edited all the slice events after I was hearing clicks, I don't know if THAT click problem is fixed or not.

However, it keeps clicking on the FIRST slice. If you have, for example, set the sequencer to 8 bars (so the loop repeats two times over) the click happenes on the FIRST slice twice. It seems that no matter what you do with the first slice (except adding attack in the sequencer) it will click. Now remember, the first slice DOES NOT click when you audition it, only when it's "playing."
Need some more infos please:

Is it clicking only on the first event or mostly on the first event? Does this happen with all loops or just this one loop? Is the clicking only on beginning of events or do you get clicks if you just add one event? Is the clicking related to tweaking parameters? Does it happen when the GUI is closed too?

Thanks.

Former Pharaoh wrote:The GUI performance has definitely improved! I know with Use Alpha disabled, LS has a higher performance speed, but why exactly would I want it activated? I am unsure of what this does.
It's a little prettier, IMO, and allows you to see overlapping events. On some higher end graphics cards, especially on Vista, the performance is actually better than without alpha, so there's a reason to keep it as an option at least.

Return to “Livelab.dk”