Liveslice might be able to do this, can anyone confirm?

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it was pointed out to me in another thread that Liveslice might be the plugin I was looking for (and to be fair, I was already lusting after it a little bit), could anyone here confirm wether or not it does this?:
records audio from the audio input when a MIDI note is played for the first time. Any consecutive time you play the same note, it plays back the recorded audio with the possibility to vary or trigger:

* Velocity.
* Attack and release.
* The level of the input audio which is passed unaffected while no samples are played.
* Playback speed using the pitchbend control.
* Normal or reversed playback.
* Clearing of the sample memory.
This is from Muxer Instantsampler (http://www.kvraudio.com/get/3131.html), which is only released on Mac.

Edit: I should clarify, I'm mainly after the recording functionality with the midi keys. I'd love being able to press a key to record, to have that specific key play back the sample afterwards. Add to this the playback speed-control, and I'm pretty happy.

So, is that a no, then?

AFAICT Yes to most..

- Velocity.
- Attack and DECAY.
- Not input audio but thruput level can be controlled live.
- Forward and Reverse.
- Clearing (not sure if it automates).

;)
stay juicy!

Mighty Pea wrote:records audio from the audio input when a MIDI note is played for the first time. Any consecutive time you play the same note, it plays back the recorded audio
doesn't work exactly like this. you need to assign two keys pr. sample: one to select it for recording and one to play it back (+ one global parameter to start / stop recording).
It could be more smooth, but I don't think the method you describe is ideal as there's no option to erase or re-record a note. You'd need the option to assign a controller / note to erase so you can re-record.

I can add this to LiveSlice as a loop parameter. If the loop is empty it is recorded, if not, it's played back.
The controllers have midi learn so it would be easy enough to set up. LiveSlice has 64 loops so it would be enough to fill all five octaves of a midi keyboard.
It won't be in the upcoming release though. Adding a new feature at this stage would waste a lot of time, as the current build is very close to being released, and every time you add a new feature you often add some bugs as well :-)

btw. LiveSlice will relay incoming audio, without changing the volume (monitoring button on the recording toolbar)
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

It's not really what I was looking for then, as I mostly just liked the fact you recorded 'onto' a midi-key, so to speak. Nevertheless, Liveslice (and tablet2midi, especially if I get enough money to finally get my cintiq 8)) intrigues me, and I'll likely by it some day. Is there a price-chance due anytime soon? I'm likely to get it at this price, but not right now. Priorities :)

Anyway, congratulations on the cool plugin, I've toyed with the demo on and off, and I really enjoy playing with it.

edit: actually, upon re-reading your suggestion of checking a loop for content and recording if it's empty sounds like a good suggestion either way. Good idea.

Return to “Livelab.dk”