LiveSlice 1.48 beta thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi ohm,

That's great news about midi export. One last thing that I wish we could have is outputs in the arranger window..................Please...... :wink:

Thanks also for your news update............Parris

Quick question ...are there anny differences between liveslice vst and liveslice for buzz machines , except for the fact that buzz liveslice is for free and can only run inside buzz...
Shed some light please
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Also would be nice for an updated buzz version :D.. (whenever you get the time ohm)
stay juicy!

about the buzz version - it's pretty outdated by now - the VST version is much more advanced, multiple tracks, drag'n'drop, better usability, midi automation, recording, time stretching, mp3 + recycle + ACID, Aif import etc. etc. the VST version runs fine in Buzz - try the demo, then check back in two weeks and try the demo of the newest version, currently under heavy development - it has so many great features (currently I'm working on dragging single drum hit files to the slicer, so you are not limited to using loops - utilize all those great single hit drum samples you have) :-) oh, and the new GUI is much faster too.
As much as I still love to use Buzz, and with Jeskola continuing the development and all, my main focus will be on the VST version - I won't be adding features to the buzz version, but I just might do a stability update, and ensure compatibility with the new buzz so the buzz users can continue working on their old songs that use LiveSlice.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote:... currently under heavy development - it has so many great features (currently I'm working on dragging single drum hit files to the slicer, so you are not limited to using loops - utilize all those great single hit drum samples you have) :-) oh, and the new GUI is much faster too.
WOW - sounds fantastic. Really looking forward to it :-)
255 characters....eemm...let's see...

New Beta is out (Windows first - osx to follow once drag'n'drop is working)

1.48 beta 2

---changes---
the filebrowser now uses double click to load / change directory, to enable multiple selections.

---new features---
OSX version - universal binary VST plugin (not included in this beta round - still need to implement drag'n'drop here)
Updated the GUI backend - better performance
Aif import (with aifc support)
Midi, slice and track export
Drag'n'drop loading of files, open multiple files at once by dragging to the loops list or the slicer.
Drag multiple single hit samples to the slicer and they will be visible in the same slicer window for easier use of multiple single hit samples
Faster loading of files (via "speedup loading of files" option in settings menu) - handy if you often load multiple files via drag'n'drop - note that some waveform color detail is lost in speed mode.

---fixes---
the "clear" command now properly resets all parameters

Congrats ohm :clap: :clap:

MIDI track export :shock:
DnD of files :hyper:

These are wonderful updates!!

Hope you have lots of bandwidth for when the osx version comes out :)!
stay juicy!

BR - Arranger - Export - then again Export shows file/folder select dialog, and doesn't export anything. Maybe export in that menu should be hidden.
BR - Arranger - Export - Both - Crashes XT2 when there are two arranger lanes
In Tracktion 2 it exports just first arranger track. My question is how it is suppose to work?
Last edited by kejkz on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I am so excited for this update.... :)

The updates sound excellent. Any estimate on when it will be non-beta or is too early to say?

Hi Ohm,

Glad to hear from you again and thanks for the nice update ( :love: for Drag'n'drop + Drag multiple single hit samples...)
Here are some B.R. I noticed (+ 1 F.R :wink: )

[LiveSlice v148b2]

BR1/ MMB doesn't work for some functions. I.E.
- In the list of loaded loops: unable to delete a loop
- In the slicer: unable to change sensivity slider or the number of slices

BR2/ Scrolling doesn't work for some functions. I.E.
- In the slicer: zooming
- On some numberboxes: unable to change number while scrolling

BR3/ No more able to toggle through predefined default values with RMB on numberboxes (LMB and RMB now generally behave the same way on numberboxes: they open a list box)

BR4/ The [x] icon to delete an event doesn't appear anymore

---------------------------------------------------------------

FR1/ Will it be possible to drag an arrangement track to disk (or Ableton Live for example :wink: ) in order to export the track as an audio loop? I just noticed it was possible to export midi files corresponding to LS arrangements this way :D )

Cheers,
GilJ.

GilJ wrote:Hi Ohm,

Glad to hear from you again and thanks for the nice update ( :love: for Drag'n'drop + Drag multiple single hit samples...)
Here are some B.R. I noticed (+ 1 F.R :wink: )

[LiveSlice v148b2]

BR1/ MMB doesn't work for some functions. I.E.
- In the list of loaded loops: unable to delete a loop
- In the slicer: unable to change sensivity slider or the number of slices

BR2/ Scrolling doesn't work for some functions. I.E.
- In the slicer: zooming
- On some numberboxes: unable to change number while scrolling

BR3/ No more able to toggle through predefined default values with RMB on numberboxes (LMB and RMB now generally behave the same way on numberboxes: they open a list box)

BR4/ The [x] icon to delete an event doesn't appear anymore
thanks, yes something got lost in translation when moving to the new VSTGUI framework - I'll get those features back - and improve keyboard shortcuts too, in the next beta.
FR1/ Will it be possible to drag an arrangement track to disk (or Ableton Live for example :wink: ) in order to export the track as an audio loop? I just noticed it was possible to export midi files corresponding to LS arrangements this way :D )

yes, that would certainly be possible - I was going to add this feature but I ran into this obstacle: The drag and drop export is done using a temporary file (only way to drag anything more complex than text or bitmaps on windoze it seems) and while this does work well for midi it's not suited for audio, because most DAW's import audio by linking to the file - so that file can't be temporary, and you'd need to specify a folder, thus loosing a bit of the smoothness of the whole drag'n'drop operation.
Now, until I implement some fancy export toolbar I can do this: first time you do a drag'n'drop export you get a file dialog - next time you drag it'll use the same folder (and it's saved with the project). I think this would work for most purposes. I probably should add an option to do a "ctrl+drag" to force a new file dialog in case you'd need a different location. If only the VST specification would allow direct access to the audio pool of the hosy, like in Jeskola Buzz - very nice feature for moving audio between host and plugins in a non realtime fashion.

And Darkstar suggested (in an email) to enable naming of the exported files too, so the new dialog will have room for a filename.

kejkz wrote:BR - Arranger - Export - then again Export shows file/folder select dialog, and doesn't export anything. Maybe export in that menu should be hidden.?
Yes, the menu item "Export" just acts as a title, so it should not do anything, I disabled it now, thanks.
BR - Arranger - Export - Both - Crashes XT2 when there are two arranger lanes
In Tracktion 2 it exports just first arranger track. My question is how it is suppose to work?
now, that one I can't reproduce - anybody else want to crash their host using the export feature please? I need some more details. It's supposed to export one midi file pr. track (but currently it exports one midi file with multiple tracks in it - that will be changed) and it will export audio files for each event in each track using the naming convention LS [track ID][event ID].wav
the new naming convention will be [User Specified name]T[TrackID]-[EventID].wav - and on mac it will be an AIFF file instead.

Ohm - regarding temp files for Drag-n-Drop

With phatbeatz, I have the user specify an "export" folder once.

I generate a unique filename for each dragged loop (using date & time info) and let the "export" folder fill up with rendered drumloops.

Ideally, the user should make the export folder inside his "saved songs" folder.

It's a compromise , but with HDDs so big these days, it seemed reasonable.

scuzzphut wrote:Ohm - regarding temp files for Drag-n-Drop

With phatbeatz, I have the user specify an "export" folder once.

I generate a unique filename for each dragged loop (using date & time info) and let the "export" folder fill up with rendered drumloops.

Ideally, the user should make the export folder inside his "saved songs" folder.

It's a compromise , but with HDDs so big these days, it seemed reasonable.
That does seem reasonable - thanks for the suggestion. I'll add a global export folder to use as a fallback when no song folder has been specified - that way it's up to the user to make the choice between sample file management or purchasing extra harddrives :-)

Return to “Livelab.dk”