Caught between a rock and another rock. Anyone shed some light/insight??

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, i have Mac laptop. I have some complete tracks (7 and 1/2 trakcs) that i've finished up using garageband. I have logic pro 9 because i hear u can open up your completed garageband tracks in it (which has been my original routine - start a song in garageband - improvise it in logic). however, what's upsetting to me is ever since i had to get my hardrive replaced, i lost all the 20 + ultrabeat drum kits.. I've tried to reinstall, as well as select "download additonal content." reinstall didn't work.. and for some reason it wont let me finish downloading the additional account - gives me an error message "Logic unable to complete installing.".. I miss my drum kits i use to have. I'm not sure who i could go to? what's a bummer is i'm not much of a techy person. so i need some assistance. i wish i could just take my laptop to some IT center that specializes in logic pro or music software, and pay them to have it taken care of it, or at least diagnios the issue & if i need to get something or do something??..

also, slightly in the back of my mind, i've thought about downloading FL Studio. This one has insterested me for quite some time. just looking at previews on youtube tutorials, it looks easy to use compared to the logic pro. logic pro has been a little more fustrating for me to get in the jyst of making music. hence, the reason i've still stuck with good ole garageband to this day, lol. Thing is, FL Studio is only compatable with Windows, not mac. :( And i don't think u could open already completed garageband files in FL Studio, or anything else (e.g Ableton), except for logic pro..

eh.. Sorry to be a downer. i'm just lost so to speak.. I may look into wherever i could possibly take soem software classes to help me out. I have the passion and creativity for the music.. But it looks like i need to put in some dedicated study time to gain the knowledge in this area..

If anyone has any insight on suggestions, or ideas, that would be appreciated. whatever advice u could give. or what you recommend i do?

Thanks much! :)

FL Studio is Windows only.

If you want to talk to a Logic tech in person, closest thing might be the "geniuses" at an Apple Store. But I doubt they'll be very helpful with this specific issue. But ask anyway. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone who has familiarity with it.

Is your version of Logic 9 the Mac App Store download version or the version sold on DVDs in the past? If it's the DVD version, you can manually copy the data from disc to hard drive (I think). If it's the Mac App Store version, I have no experience with that, sorry. Other than a reinstall from scratch, I don't know what to say. Try Apple tech support?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Yeah, the logic pro 9 is downloaded from the Mac Store.. Nothing else.. I wonder if i order the DVD's for it, i could get those drum kits back. honestly, i don't mind having to spend extra money. i have the money.. i just would like to get all my drum kits back that i use to have. i use have a nice progressive house kit, and trance kit, and others.. Right now, i just have like 10 of them or so? like i have techno kit, classic electro kit, dub kit, and a few analog vintage kits or something.

I'm curious if the folks over at Guitar Center may know? I've thought about best buy but they probably wouldnt have a clue since it's related specifically to a software content instead of IT laptop/PC concern. but it's worth a try fwiw. the Apple Store is not a bad idea. i forgot about the option..

how do i purchase the DVD with the drum kits? will it conflict with my mac condiering i already have logic on my laptop? ...

maybe i should buy a windows laptop next time, and get FL studio. I've already had my Mac laptop since like early 2007, im due for a new comptuer by now. what are some good windows laptop out these days? i may keep my current macbook pro for what i have on it now. get a seperate laptop windows, buy the fl studio, and attempt to re-create my tracks on the windows.

which lead me to another question - would i be able to move my saved sylenth1 banks/sounds from my MAC to a windows computer? maybe i'm getting to ahead of myself, lol.. idk :?

Extreme-G wrote:i lost all the 20 + ultrabeat drum kits.. I've tried to reinstall, as well as select "download additonal content." reinstall didn't work.. and for some reason it wont let me finish downloading the additional account - gives me an error message "Logic unable to complete installing.".. I miss my drum kits i use to have. I'm not sure who i could go to?
You probably have some setup/configuration problem. Best option is, find a friend who is knowledgeable about Macs and have him reinstall your Mac+Logic+drum kits. I don't know if it's a good idea to ask for Mac store/Guitar center support just for some drum kits. [Or just have them download the kits on their Macs and write them to a disc for you, as a last resort.]

As for Windows and FL, we all know that the grass is greener on the other side, don't we? But how do you migrate your old projects? No way.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”