What would be your definition of a musician?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:whyterabbyt, can i hear some of you musicianship?
not any more. i used to be a musician like you, then i took an arrow to the knee.
that is what i thought... usually the one with the big mouth has no music!!!

here is one of my tunes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWoSxMmt ... e=youtu.be

p.s. i am not a musician... but working towards it!!!

very chillax. i like it a lot. and your quite talented too. i can understand your opinion, but realize there's no need to enforce it. i think that's what others are trying to say.

neverenoughfunk wrote:i do not consider myself a musician... a drummer yes... musician... hell NO!!!
If you really mean that, then you're selling yourself short along with everyone else.

neverenoughfunk wrote:usually the one with the big mouth has no music!!!
Really?

robojam wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:usually the one with the big mouth has no music!!!
Really?

only problem... they have music... and you do not!!!

try again!!!
Last edited by neverenoughfunk on Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meffy wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:i do not consider myself a musician... a drummer yes... musician... hell NO!!!
If you really mean that, then you're selling yourself short along with everyone else.

neverenoughfunk wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
not any more. i used to be a musician like you, then i took an arrow to the knee.
dont you mean 'no music that I can pretend I listened to on souncloud before deriding as not musicianship'
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:hihi: Thank you, you just set my day up!
vurt wrote:i played happy birthday once...
ill say just this, doesnt go down well at funerals. especially not in the middle of a eulogy.
never again.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

neverenoughfunk wrote:only problem... they have you music... and you do not!!!
But you stated:
neverenoughfunk wrote:the one with the big mouth has no music!!!
So how come these guys have music? Is it perhaps because there are no hard and fast rules and definitions to music?

Maybe people should just call themselves musicians if they make music and not worry about the size of their mouth, the amount of theory they know, whether they're drummers or not, etc.

musician = someone who makes music + he has audience that thinks he's a musician

whyterabbyt wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
dont you mean 'no music that I can pretend I listened to on souncloud before deriding as not musicianship'
no!!! i am talking about anything that shows what type of musician "you" are!!!

you know how to post jpegs pretty well though!!!

robojam wrote:
Meffy wrote:Yay the second!
Well if you don't have arms you can't be a real musician according to he who shall not be named :shrug:
If in quadrupedal mephit form I can morph easily enough into a form that has much longer arms, but which is probably quite incapable of drinking coffee.

OK, so out of interest, here's something of mine:

http://soundcloud.com/michael-jm/hell-e ... gh-the-fog

Am I a musician or not?

I'm interested to see if you think my ability to play instruments is adequate enough for you to decide if I'm a musician or not.

robojam wrote: Maybe people should just call themselves musicians if they make music and not worry about the size of their mouth, the amount of theory they know, whether they're drummers or not, etc.
people should do as you... get the app and push that button!!!

neverenoughfunk wrote:no!!! i am talking about anything that shows what type of musician "you" are!!!
Sorry but its my longheld opinion that if you want to be an audience, you have to meet basic literacy standards. Just my opinion of course, but anyone who uses apostrophies the way you just did, well, i'm afraid that you're just not what Im looking for.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”