What would be your definition of a musician?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

neverenoughfunk wrote:how about you...

do you have any music to show off your skills...
No, I'm a drummer like you.

So, basically, some people tend to prefer the Oxford Dictionary's definition:

a person who plays a musical instrument, especially as a profession, or is musically talented.

...others (myself included) prefer a more liberal definition, such as the Merriam-Webster definition:

a composer, conductor, or performer of music; especially : instrumentalist

Which leaves the two real questions:

1) what is music?
2) what is talent?

Argue on!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

neverenoughfunk wrote:i am only questioning his musicianship... i.e. would love to hear it!!!
No you are not:
neverenoughfunk wrote:your lack of musicianship
As regards your literacy:

1. You don't consult a dictionary for definitions - you make your own up
2. When you write you ignore the standard format of sentences and join everything with ellipses
3. Questioning the state of something is not the same as making a statment to the effect that something is not present

Much to learn I think.

neverenoughfunk wrote:that is what i thought...
you thought the same as the magic 8-ball? wow.
question... and be honest... is it really my basic literacy or your lack of musicianship... the reason behind not showing you music?
are you seriously proposing that someone might pass off something as their opinion when its really just a thinly-veiled attempt to marginalise others on the basis of an utterly arbitrary distinction?

oh, the huge manatee.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

If you're looking for music to criticize, go here KVR Music cafe

Not all of us have links to our music in our signatures, but the music cafe is where people who are looking for critiques post music.

While I can tell that effort has gone into making the music you posted, it does not make you an authority regarding who is or isn't a musician.

robojam wrote:
neverenoughfunk wrote:hopefully... my basic literacy standards will improve...
Maybe.........with some.......practice.....you might.......learn.......................to....write....without..........ellipses....
neverenoughfunk wrote:must be some Mozart sh!t!!!
Which movement would that be?
Bowel.
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

justin3am wrote:

If you're looking for music to criticize, go here KVR Music cafe

Not all of us have links to our music in our signatures, but the music cafe is where people who are looking for critiques post music.

While I can tell that effort has gone into making the music you posted, it does not make you an authority regarding who is or isn't a musician.
Well said.
debra1rlo wrote:Image
Yeah. Who could have guessed on page 1 that it would end up this way?

*looks at all the upraised hands; can't count that high*

Oog. Righty, then.

P.S.: I'm glad the OP stopped back in and was able to get plenty of food for thought from the thread.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”