Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm a hobbyist. My notebook used to be pretty adequate with Asio4alI for my daily practice/playing so far, but since weeks it started giving up performance - showing in some crackles, delays and general hanging issues even if the cpu is not that loaded.

Scarlett 2i2 seems to be a decent enough interface for my level. I'm preparing to get that card to bypass the extra workload Asio4all puts on my slow cpu.

Could you please share your views and advice related to my decision - I am afraid if I am missing something I might jump into something bad?

Thanks

In general an audio interface is beneficial to audio performance of your laptop. The focusrite is certainly decent enough although the way I interpret your post has me thinking you might need to clean up your notebook and do some maintenance on it.

That is if you're saying the same kind of projects used to run flawless and now for some reason they don't.

For instance your HDD might be failing or you need to defrag it or maybe drivers are conflicting etc.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Thanks for your input!
The 2i2 is on it's way here. Yes, I totally forgot about these nowadays, I will perform my usual routine to clean up things.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”