Mixing with one speaker, big deal?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it ok to mix with one rockit 8?

If you only make mono mixes, yes...

i don't remember the artist.. somewhere in the big beat era (that "firestarter" guy?) one of the Big Names at the time allegedly mixed his first hit on a single cabinet.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

skrillex said he would check his headphone mixes on a single KRK monitor because the other one was broken.
:borg:

Naer wrote:Is it ok to mix with one rockit 8?
still can't sort out the lead not going into the RCA connection properly? Why not use one of the other inputs?

You should at least get a decent pair pf head phones. Different instruments in your songs should hit you from different angles for best effect. You have no way to check where each part lays if you only use one monitor.

Check it on the right side, and remember what it sounds like.
Then check the left.
ImageImageImageImage

I mix with soundblaster woofers and the 3-d glasses from Rad Racer.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

I mix using only my Arm & Hammer "Tooth Tunes" Singing Tooth Brush and my mixes come out perfect, so you should be ok. :hihi:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Unless you want to check mono mixes, two monitors is a no-brainer.

highkoo wrote:Check it on the right side, and remember what it sounds like.
Then check the left.
Made my day :hihi:

Seriously, you need two speakers because people have two ears and interpret the sound spatially. Always.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Naer wrote:Is it ok to mix with one rockit 8?

Why not just mix it psychically? :D

DJ Warmonger wrote:
highkoo wrote:Check it on the right side, and remember what it sounds like.
Then check the left.
Made my day :hihi:

Seriously, you need two speakers because people have two ears and interpret the sound spatially. Always.
No....Van Gogh only had one ear......he cut off the other, remember, because he only had one Rockit 8 and because he really wasn't musically inclined. (Despite the news articles that abound).

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Good point.

OP, you could also just plug up your right ear, and listen with your left.
And again, remember what that sounds like.
Then switch; plug up the left, listen with the right.
Pretty sure thatll do it.
ImageImageImageImage

if you switch wires and sides lightning fast, maybe you can get an out of the speaker sound in stereo. hahha just messin bud.

If you need stereo the yeh, you need two speakers.'

I have some Generic headphones that now run under 15 bucks. They work well actually and dont blow easy. Hey theyre a inexpensive alternative. I think they sound quality.
Ableton Live 8 Suite 64 Bit, Sylenth1 64 Bit,Rapture, Zeta+2,Synthmaster, Dimenison Pro, Mo' Phatt. and Waves plugs.
DELL i-3770 3.9ghz, 12GB RAM, INTEL SSD,
M-Audio Bx8 D2
Oxygen 49
TC ELECTRONIC impact twin 64 Bit
Fast Track Plus
Grace and love

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”