Best drums packages

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sup guys

I've been always a fan of drums. Every track I make it has to have my custom drum pattern for some reason :lol:

But I've struggling lately with this subject... What are the best drum packages out there?

I'm asking this because everytime I add drums to my track, I find myself tweaking every little detail possible, I'm never satisfied 80%+ with the drums I have :/ and I tend to waste a lot of time on this matter.

So.. I would like to see you sharing your point of view.

Cheers

dont worry about not being specific by what you actually mean by a 'drum package', im sure we'll all be fine guessing.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Natural Drums (NDK) is pretty good for something lite, authentic that you have to mix yourself.
Steve slate for everything else.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
whyterabbyt wrote:dont worry about not being specific by what you actually mean by a 'drum package', im sure we'll all be fine guessing.
Please clarify to me on how you didn't understand my question. What is there not to understand? A Google search with the word 'drums' returns 43400000 results of what I mean.

But, who am I to say these things... I'll give you a few examples of what I mean, because this is a heavily hard matter to understand.

http://www.catalogomoda.com/fotos/ddrum ... 270947.jpg (http://www.catalogomoda.com/fotos/ddrum-set-bateria-dios-maple-pocket-cherry-foto-270947.jpg)
http://aravinthmusic.com/images/drums1.jpg (http://aravinthmusic.com/images/drums1.jpg)
http://www.musicpark.com.au/Graphics/Dr ... ck-kit.jpg (http://www.musicpark.com.au/Graphics/Drums/electronic%20kits/EProLive-black-kit.jpg)

If you still didn't understand, feel free to say it. :tu:
metamorphosis wrote:Natural Drums (NDK) is pretty good for something lite, authentic that you have to mix yourself.
Steve slate for everything else.
Steve Slate seems pretty good! I'll try it. Thanks :)

hedz wrote:Please clarify to me on how you didn't understand my question. What is there not to understand? A Google search with the word 'drums' returns 43400000 results of what I mean.
Is it that hard to understand that 'drums package' is ambiguous?

Is it a set of samples your after? If so, is it for a specific sampler? If not, what format? What kind of drums? A regular drum kit? Drum machines? Epic cinematic percussion? Tablas? What level of realism? If its not samples, is it a drum machine your after? Or a drum synth? Is it for Windows, or a Mac? Or maybe its a hardware drum machine. Or a set of timpanis. Do you have a specific budget? Are there any other constraints?

If what you mean encompasses all 43400000 of those results, then there's no real point in asking the question, is there, anything would suffice.

So here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Tikes-Ta ... s=toy+drum
But, who am I to say these things... I'll give you a few examples of what I mean, because this is a heavily hard matter to understand.
Is it hard for you to understand how many possible things could be meant by 'drum package' that arent necessarily what you want?

So you actually want a real acoustic drum kit, then? Or is it a real electronic drum kit. Because that's what those seem to variously be pictures of.

And hence absolutely nothing like the Steven Slate Drums, which is slef-contained sample-based software. Or the NDK set, which is just a set of samples and would need a sampler to use them in.
If you still didn't understand, feel free to say it. :tu:
Why would you be more interested in basically reiterating me saying that you didnt provide enough specifics than providing them?
No, I dont understand why you couldnt say 'acoustic drum kit' which contains far more useable information than 'drum package'. And why you think 43400000 results narrows it down.
I guess its too much effort for you to try and help other people help you. Hope that works out for you, not helping you is no skin off my nose.

metamorphosis did understand my question, so why didn't you? If I didn't refer to which type of drums I was asking it's because I was looking for the "regular ones", regular samples and whatnot. And honestly, I do realize that I didn't specify my question and it was really ambiguous and if you didn't reply to my thread like an arrogant prick who knows everything about music, I would actually say sorry and rephrase my question.

I understand your point, there's a lot of noobs around here, asking and asking and asking and you get tired of it. But you should always remember that YOU were a noob once and did ask the same questions in hope arrogant f***ers wouldn't hit you to death with a barbwire stick.

hedz wrote:metamorphosis did understand my question, so why didn't you?
Did he? He got that you were looking for either a drum sampler or some samples, but not the acoustic drum kit or the electronic drum kit that you said were examples of what you were looking for? Impressive.

Or did he just guess, or assume, in the absence of further information, and you just happens to be so nebulous about it that a picture of an electronic drum kit means 'im okay with drum samples'.

Wonder why you only got one person making a suggestion?
If I didn't refer to which type of drums I was asking it's because I was looking for the "regular ones", regular samples and whatnot.
And to a lot of people, especially in a forum like this where dance music is a common form, 'regular' drums are TR808s et al.
Not that you used the term 'regular' in the first place.
And honestly, I do realize that I didn't specify my question and it was really ambiguous and if you didn't reply to my thread like an arrogant prick who knows everything about music, I would actually say sorry and rephrase my question.
I answered your thread like someone with not a lot of time to spend on someone who was being vague, warning them that they were being vague, and knowing that people would only bother to give a properly detailed reply to a properly specific question.
Realised you're lucky you got one person making a suggestion, and one person bothering to warn you why?

Ah wait, warning you is being an 'arrogant prick', that makes sense. :roll:
I understand your point, there's a lot of noobs around here, asking and asking and asking and you get tired of it. But you should always remember that YOU were a noob once and did ask the same questions in hope arrogant f***ers wouldn't hit you to death with a barbwire stick.
Yeah, well then why would I actually be bothered to tell you that your question was vague in the first place. :roll:

and yet funnily enough we get some noobs who are such 'arrogant f**kers' they cant even be told 'put more detail your question and your get better answers' without throwing a stop about it.

I'm sorry but if you can't even look at the way you express your words I won't be bothered to even talk this through with you. Because in your point of view using sarcasm and bashing people with ironic arguments is not being arrogant, so why should I be bothered with you.

hedz wrote:why should I be bothered with you.
I hope you're aware how ironic that is.

Welcome to getting started at KVR.. ;-)

Can't really say anything aside from a snide comment, I mostly use synthesized drums.

But do consider if it's some form of actual hardware that you might be after - if not now, perhaps in the long run.. I mean, having a pad that you can beat with a stick gives more velocity variation by it's very nature, cutting back time you (may) need to do the variations by hand (if you 'program' your drums). You'll get more natural feel to the beat if you actually play it and various samplers react to that kind of variation (round-robin and velocity variations, etc).

Here's a link to feed your drum sample cravings: http://bedroomproducersblog.com/2010/06 ... full-kits/

Check Addictive drums, pretty much al floavours in its expansion packs.
dedication to flying

Best is a subjective thing, but you can check out my (newly released) drum library, Adam Monroe's Beats (Windows Vst).
http://www.adammonroemusic.com/ambeats.html

They are mostly acoustic drum samples.
I think all the different kits sound good in the mix straight away, everything is sort of pre-eq'd.
It's also a drum loop collection.

best drum samples are from goldbaby and wavealchemy. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I was just wondering if Goldbaby is still okay? Maybe he hides in his cave and makes a new superb drum library... :hihi:

hedz wrote:metamorphosis did understand my question, so why didn't you? If I didn't refer to which type of drums I was asking it's because I was looking for the "regular ones", regular samples and whatnot.....
Hi hedz and welcome to KVR :-)

To be honest, I read this thread when it had only 3 answers and I wanted to ask: what do you mean by 'drums package'?, so it is not only whyterabbyt who felt it not clear or 'specific'. Anyway, let's hope no negative feelings what'sever :-)

If you mean in general, what or how to use drums in our music, then in mine I use sometimes acoustic and sometimes electronic (or ambient or anything!).
I have NI Studio Drummer but I use it less than others, which are:

1. Kong (comes with Reason)
2. Session Drummer (comes with Sonar)
3. Drum Racks in Live

Studio Drummer has a huge amount of midi patterns, and it has 3 nice kits, although the full ones are little bit demanding on cpu. Anyway, they are 'polished' sounds and sometimes don't fit well. I was surprised that Session Drummer with its acoustic kits fits very well with my music! (some of them by Steven Slate).

As you can see, my taste is cheap! All my favourite come with the DAWs and it is easy to ReWire them when needed, and they are the best for me :-D

I like to program my patterns if they are simple and have electronic/disco/dance feel, but for a realistic drums feel I use midi patterns done by real drummers.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”