need some help with decisions -newbie-

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd have to agree with EnGee, ontrackp and Spiritos. It's some really good advice. If you ever are wondering on how to do something in general or particular, I would look it up (This popular sound A, Basics of this Genre, Snare Rolls, skanking, realistic programing and humanization, etc). There are plenty of tutorials out there to help wether on youtube or another website. Image-Line's own videos aren't bad.

Read a bit up on FL. Read the manual and play around with it to grasp the concepts.

For Genre - House, Trance and Chiptune (maybe using a little liberally) didn't seem to hard to grasp the concept of when I started and there are tons of tutorials on both House and Trance even for FL. Your style will definantly evolve the more you listen to other music and pick out details you like, or figure out what they are doing in that song. From the genres I tried starting I'm somehow in a Post-rockish (again liberally) phase.

Originality - try to experiment while learning.

Don't give up and try to read and produce as much as you can.

You say you are producing with FL ... what have you produced?

1. Nobody cares what your name is, as long as it's not cliche.

2. Make whatever genre you feel like making, dude. The real music is about YOUR taste and YOUR creativity, not others.

3. My best tip is to not copy off others. And back to the #2 answer, just make whatever you feel like making.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”