What Synthesizer do you recommend?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The best free rompler out there has to be Emu's Proteus VX

http://www.creative.com/emu/proteusvx/

Over 1000 patches in there - mostly very good quality and quite a lot you can edit. Just make sure to install it exactly where it wants to - otherwise it can be rather unstable in my experience.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

To a Begineer I would recommend Fabfilter Twin2, best interface around.
dedication to flying

do_androids_dream wrote:The best free rompler out there has to be Emu's Proteus VX

Over 1000 patches in there - mostly very good quality and quite a lot you can edit. Just make sure to install it exactly where it wants to - otherwise it can be rather unstable in my experience.
I didn't knew this is free. I second this opinion. At this price and with this quality, you can't be wrong :hihi:

You may have some problems with x64 hosts, but in 32-bit, it should pose no problems.
Fernando (FMR)

+1 for Synthmaster. I does have quite the learning curve (so maybe not "noob" friendly) but it packs a lot of punch.
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Uncle E wrote:
tehlord wrote:All you need is Sylenth for now.
If you listen to the songs the OP cited, the Avicii track is the only one that sounds like it could have been done with Sylenth.

Reading between the lines I don't think the OP knows exactly what he needs.

A bog standard VA is needed in everybody's arsenal and Sylenth fits the bill here.

As for the real sounds in the songs he listed, none of the romplers out there can come anywhere close to what he's looking for and will in fact sound pretty crappy unless it's just for a mock up.

Kontakt + libraries is the real answer for that. But that's another can of worms right!

tehlord wrote:As for the real sounds in the songs he listed, none of the romplers out there can come anywhere close to what he's looking for and will in fact sound pretty crappy unless it's just for a mock up.
HALion Sonic 2 can do those sounds pretty well except for the guitars. Guitars are always tough, fortunately there are plenty of guitar players in the world who would be willing to record for him.

Uncle E wrote:
tehlord wrote:As for the real sounds in the songs he listed, none of the romplers out there can come anywhere close to what he's looking for and will in fact sound pretty crappy unless it's just for a mock up.
HALion Sonic 2 can do those sounds pretty well except for the guitars. Guitars are always tough, fortunately there are plenty of guitar players in the world who would be willing to record for him.
I have the LE version, or whatever it is that comes with Cubase, and I agree that it does a decent job. I think that for someone getting started, it's a simpler, more easily managed, alternative to Kontakt. While you can definitely get better results with Kontakt, it takes a lot more time. I've been considering picking up the full version of Halion Sonic because the LE version has become my goto plugin for sketching out the basics.

do_androids_dream wrote:The best free rompler out there has to be Emu's Proteus VX

Wow... can't beat free.

& if you're on a Mac, Garage Band is the way to go. It's free & gives you everything you need, including a sequencer. It's got it all; Piano, EP, Organs, Bass, Drums, Synths & very good quality for the price. And on top of all that, you can record your music, & process it with quality effects.

Next to free, is cheap. Magix Music Maker.

Got a ton of loops. and some decent instruments. Not as many as Garage Band, but enough to get you started.

Get Sylenth1 hands down imo

Lennar Digital Sylenth1

What's the story with Sylenth, does anybody know? I mean, there doesn't seem to be any immanent updates. Or is there something in the pipeline?
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Buy any issue of Computer Music for 5 bucks on a phone or ios device and then download the huge library of CM packaged stuff from the vault. Work with that and save your money until you can afford Zebra, Diva, or both.

Also grab PolyKB player from JRRshop. 10 bucks U.S.: http://www.jrrshop.com/xils-lab-polykb- ... ad-licenes

A CM version of PolyKB may be in that CM vault as well, I think.

Robmobius wrote:What's the story with Sylenth, does anybody know? I mean, there doesn't seem to be any immanent updates. Or is there something in the pipeline?
Yup, we're actually quite busy on it.

I know it's taking ages for everyone so I will not get into that discussion again. But there's been a lot of movement in here at LennarDigital lately so I can assure you it will be there :)

@Marioschluse, I know this must feel as a cheap shot from a company, but you could always try the demo's some of the developers have available on their websites.

Ours is found at http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/downloads/

Ruben(LD) wrote:Yup, we're actually quite busy on it.

I know it's taking ages for everyone so I will not get into that discussion again. But there's been a lot of movement in here at LennarDigital lately so I can assure you it will be there :)
Wow! That's excellent news!
@Marioschluse, I know this must feel as a cheap shot from a company, but you could always try the demo's some of the developers have available on their websites.
Please don't be concerned about sounding like "a cheap shot". Many of your customers and fans are here and we're happy to hear as much from you as possible. :)

Ruben(LD) wrote:
Robmobius wrote:What's the story with Sylenth, does anybody know? I mean, there doesn't seem to be any immanent updates. Or is there something in the pipeline?
Yup, we're actually quite busy on it.

Ours is found at http://www.lennardigital.com/modules/downloads/
Wow! Thanks for the update Ruben... I'm delighted to hear that Sylenth will be making a comeback. :hyper:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”