Klanghelm SDRR on hats and master?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I want to experiment with Klangelm SDRR on my mix and masters.

Which mode would you use on hats to give them some extra spark in the mix?

And which mode would be best for a bit of saturation on the master?

I know I will have to search and decide for myself, and I will, but I never underestimate the knowledge or more experienced kvr members.

Cheers,
Dirk

manducator wrote:Hello,

I want to experiment with Klangelm SDRR on my mix and masters.

Which mode would you use on hats to give them some extra spark in the mix?

And which mode would be best for a bit of saturation on the master?

I know I will have to search and decide for myself, and I will, but I never underestimate the knowledge or more experienced kvr members.

Cheers,
Dirk
I honestly don't think you are going to get a response on this. First off, you would need to find someone that has SDRR, and then uses it specifically on Hats. And then someone who has thought about this or remembered or documented it, and then, willing to take the time to share their findings, once they have found this thread.

Then again, you never know.

You kind of answered your own question really. Suck it and see.

Make a template track and a few standard things that sound good to you - stuff you can tweak later. Not even sure why you are singling out SDRR for Hi-Hat enhancement. You could use TB Ferox like I do or many others.

The fact that you are so specific about things, means you are kind of on your own. Then again, I am sure that SDRR is absolutely awesome for bringing the odd hat into life. But sometimes, things are just a one off, not worth making a preset for, even. We move on.

And you could always report your findings if you get a good setting. Many of us have put up our befores and afters (readers wavs ;-)). It all adds to the mix.

I have been experimenting and I like the desk mode to make the sound 'thicker' or 'creamier', and the digi mode can really brighten the sound of the hats.

The reason why I wanted to use SDRR is that I thought my hats could use saturation and I had bought SDRR a while ago.

But yes, I was able to answer my own question. SDRR will get much more use here in the future.

manducator wrote:I have been experimenting and I like the desk mode to make the sound 'thicker' or 'creamier', and the digi mode can really brighten the sound of the hats.

The reason why I wanted to use SDRR is that I thought my hats could use saturation and I had bought SDRR a while ago.

But yes, I was able to answer my own question. SDRR will get much more use here in the future.

If you are into a bit of saturation then try TB Ferox, it is amazing:
http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-ferox/

You can buy the whole bundle of plugs for about 20 quid, and there's about 10 of them.

TB Ferox would be worth the price of admission alone. I have SDRR but I need to spend more time with it. It is a lot more complicated than Ferox. Ferox just needs a tweak here or there to just make something come alive.

I've got a few other saturation plugs too, but, this is by far my favourite.

I will spend some time with the TB Ferox demo. Thanks for the tip!

manducator wrote:I will spend some time with the TB Ferox demo. Thanks for the tip!

No worries.

If you are playing the field then check these out too:
http://nickcrowlab.blogspot.co.uk/2009/ ... r-v10.html

http://varietyofsound.wordpress.com/vst-effects/

FerricTDS – Tape dynamics simulator

TesslaSE – Transformer saturation simulator

TesslaPRO – Transient aware signal saturator

They are all free or donationware.

Very subtle, smooth sounding VSTs.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”