good daws under 70 euros?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Really glad you're enjoying it - I just would never have used it again and I'm glad to see it go to a good home. It would have just sat on my hard drive gathering digital dust if I hadn't thought to see if anyone here wanted it.

:tu:

Reaper is the industry standard as far as cheap DAW's go. Although if you want the most professional industry standard but don't have the money for it.... you know the drill.

ZiggDubstep wrote:Reaper is the industry standard as far as cheap DAW's go.
You can't mean the music industry standard of cheap DAW's, because the real industry wouldn't get a discounted price. :P For hobbyists, or music businesses on a low pay, that's surely true though. Even though you can shoot a copy of S1 Producer for that price and below in the market place here too. But then, not sure if we're talking about used or new prices.

$225 for the full commercial license, is on par with other DAWs

Seeing all the plugs included, I would rather think Logic is better value for money at $199

Reaper because Cockos is the best developer name, cackle cackle
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

Around that price range:

FL Studio Fruity Edition
Reason Elements
Studio One Artist
Reaper
Sonar X3 (currently $69)
Renoise
Mulab
Mixcraft
Cubase AI
Ableton Live Lite
Magix
Tracktion
Ignite AIR

I used to use Mixcraft when I first started out, really good little daw for the money. It was the only daw I could easily get started with, all the others I tried overwhelmed me.

Numanoid wrote:
$225 for the full commercial license, is on par with other DAWs

Seeing all the plugs included, I would rather think Logic is better value for money at $199
Buy a $2000 computer with similar hardware to a $800 PC to save a couple hundred on a DAW, not really a value

DAWs in the $200 range are also still relatively cheap, compared to ableton, cubase, pro tools, bitwig, reason etc. Some of these may have cut down versions in that price range, but it's not the complete product

I've never really clicked with Reaper when I've tried it but it is definitely among the most reasonably priced. $60 unless you're making 20k a year or more off of your music, at which point investing a little in your work tools isn't a bad idea anyway(I'm a total hobbyist and I've spent way more than that...)

Reaper lacks a lot of stuff compared to the DAW's you just named. For example, samples, or preset content. Or included virtual instruments. Or some advanced features you have in Cubase for example. Frankly, i think you get what you pay for, and it depends much on your needs. If you need a DAW, which is ready to go, with content, and devices, which don't get in your way, but animate to start right now, then stuff like Reason would be ten times more uo to the task. If you're an experienced user, who knows well what he's doing, and who likes to modify his host exactly to his needs, then probably nothing will beat Reaper. Horses for courses i guess.

Agree with you on that, the bundled content is much of what makes the cost and makes it worth it or not. Though there are tons of free samples and synths out there some of which are pretty good, if you have the free time to sift through the crap...

Bundled/integrated effects and synths are also more convenient at times. I think the fixed effects lanes that you see in DAWs like ableton or renoise are easier to work with than having floating VST windows for instance, and automation is frequently easier as well. OTOH, a lot of these don't necessarily sound anywhere near as good as their VST counterparts that are made by people with more specified expertise. A lot of different things to consider but it might be cheaper for some to pay more for the DAW up front, "buy nice not twice"

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”