"Best" Software for auto fix missing mp3 tags?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I have a lot of mp3s but I need to fix all the wrong or missing tags (especially the original release date) so I need a professional and reliable software for PC to do this automatically (manually is VERY time-consuming!)
I saw that there are lots of choices, but I do not know what to choose Any idea? :help: Thanx!
:tu:

EZ CD Audio Converter
Not sure if it's professional, but I like it.

sempondr wrote:EZ CD Audio Converter
Not sure if it's professional, but I like it.
I mean "professional" in the sense that it did not screw up my precious mp3

anyway thanx

edit:It seems It does not automatic fix for missing tags fields....

MP3tag - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
And what do you want automated exactly?
Last edited by Ghostwave on Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Karten wrote:MP3tag - http://www.mp3tag.de/en/
And what do you want automated exactly?
I want it analyze the song (by fingerprint for example)and find and apply the correct tags (artist name,title,year,label,art etc...)

AgiKvr wrote:I want it analyze the song (by fingerprint for example)and find and apply the correct tags (artist name,title,year,label,art etc...)
Well, you could try using the database lookup functions inside MP3tag (with Discogs?) but I'm not sure it will work. I usually do it manually with its formula-based convertor and it works fine. But my collection is rather small (around 30 GB) and I don't add to it very often anymore.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

ok...my collection is bigger but my problem are the release dates...I need to order them to categorize them (for example if I want 90's music I can type 199 in traktor and it find every song made in 199x)

I used Metadatics (OSX, from the Mac App Store) to 'fix' my overly-huge mp3 collection. It will search online sources for missing tags and whatnot. Cost $10, but it does batch mode which was nice.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”