Donkey

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For analyzing frequency content and also the relationship between the frequencies on several channels in your DAW I recommend MMultiAnalyzer from Meldaproduction. It's even 50 % off this week. :wink: I find being able to see how different tracks correlate to each other frequencywise can be highly helpful. You'll easily find tutorials for it on YouTube. You may want to wait and see of others agree or if someone would rather recommend some other plugin for this purpose. I'll leave oscilloscope recommendations to someone else, I generally only use oscilloscopes if a synth has one built in somehow.

Great Analyzers:

Voxengo SPAN (Pro)
Blue Cat Audio FreqAnalyzer
Meldaproduction M(Multi)Analyzer

Nice free oscilloscope:

http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=4

But don't forget to use your most important plugin: your ears! :wink:

Wow... :hihi:
This kid called it. This thread is full of ornery old men who are miserable with their lives... Jeezus, KVR never changes does it?
I'll admit that this Yotta2r didn't make the greatest impression coming in here, but neither did the rest of you. Calling him an idiot? You can tell that he's an idiot after a couple posts? Well if that's the case, then I guess it comes as no surprise that I can tell you're an ignorant asshole after just one.
Seriously people: get laid. Or get better yet: get bent. :wink:
[Insert Signature Here]

Practice practice practice.

Make a ton of shit songs.

Share shit songs and get feedback and listen to what some people say. If the people don't give constructive criticism then tell them to get f**ked. *Edit* actually probably not a good idea to make too many enemies in the industry..

Learn techniques from any kind of tutorial you can find and again.. practice..
:borg:

bailees7irish wrote:Wow... :hihi:
This kid called it. This thread is full of ornery old men who are miserable with their lives... Jeezus, KVR never changes does it?
I'll admit that this Yotta2r didn't make the greatest impression coming in here, but neither did the rest of you. Calling him an idiot? You can tell that he's an idiot after a couple posts? Well if that's the case, then I guess it comes as no surprise that I can tell you're an ignorant asshole after just one.
Seriously people: get laid. Or get better yet: get bent. :wink:
FWIW I did apologise to him and realise I did jump to conclusions early.

I am happy he's on the right path now.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Yotta2r wrote:
Sendy wrote: Grab a good suite of signal analyzers: an oscilloscope and a spectrograph.
Do you recommend anything for windows?
Since you're using FL Studio: FLS comes with a spectrograph called Fruity Spectroman. It also has an oscilloscope, which is part of Wave Candy.

May help to use these for now instead of downloading more stuff. :)

One day with a decent engineer and you'll gain so much.

I teach audio production and write books and magazine articles and I can honestly say that the 1-2-1 approach yields enormous results as opposed to some online course.
My last student, who took one class every week for 3 years, is now signed to Steve Mac. My current student is also learning EDM and he already knows more, in the first year, than the entire course he sat at.......It's the same as mastering: if you want to learn then sit with an ME for a day.

Apart from that, learn the fundamental principles in our industry an d practice till you drop.

Learn piano as kid then learn music theory as teenager, basically have playing melodies hardwired in your brain and hands then get into synthesizers. Well it seems alot of my favorite artist are this way.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Everything will be easier if you learn piano imo.

just do it. nike knows best.

There are so many tutorial now. Some free ones on Youtube mention already are very good. But YouTube can be hit and miss with quality. I recommend them, but also you can find good videos on AskVideo. The new EAR series is very cool. The Miro Pajnic and Deepchild tutorials on producing Electronic music are solid. Both use Ableton.

I would only use tutorials for how to play and theory, other stuff is audio taste. Learn to grow ears that hear and eyes that see. Don't do as done before.
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

RunBeerRun wrote:I would only use tutorials for how to play and theory, other stuff is audio taste. Learn to grow ears that hear and eyes that see. Don't do as done before.
I would do exactly the other way round.
Learn music theory (and synthesis theory) from books made by people who actually know stuff. Watch video tutorials for ready sounds programmed in real time, techniques and inspirations.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Syntorial and DIVA are an amazing way to start.

DIVA has a built-in oscilloscope to see the waveforms.
Not to mention sounding so beautiful that it is a keeper for long-term.

Syntorial is a very intuitive way to learn subtractive synthesis basics, but won't go beyond that.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

I started producing by watching YouTube tutorials, and reading/lurking on forums. Lots of YT channels have organized playlists of videos dedicated to one topic.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”